Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#675046 04/03/11 03:33 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

Do you think kids are watching too much TV and not being just "kids" - playing outside as an example?

Personally I think that childhood overweight issues has a lot to do with kids now staying inside versus going outside. Of course we now need to WORRY about them being outside with so many perverts living in our neighborhoods.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
So no one has an opinion on this subject?

Originally Posted By: Angela J. Shirley
Hi Everyone:

Do you think kids are watching too much TV and not being just "kids" - playing outside as an example?

Personally I think that childhood overweight issues has a lot to do with kids now staying inside versus going outside. Of course we now need to WORRY about them being outside with so many perverts living in our neighborhoods.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,

C
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
C
Sorry for the delayed response.

I totally agree with you on both points. I was just having this conversation with my mom about a week ago actually, and she said the same thing- that when we were little, at least, it was safer for us to be out there and they didn't have to hover. I won't send my little kids in the backyard unless I'm there or one of the older two are, and even with the four of them outside (14, 13, 3, and 1) I'm still right on my patio. I do feel like it's partly because it's not safe, and partly because as parents we don't always want to go outside, too.

But I go anyway, because it's good for all of us. When I was teaching, there were many kids who only went outside to go to school and back, plus there are so many distractions indoors that they have that we didn't. Sometimes I have to make them go, other times they're happy to, but they go out almost everyday- even in rain and snow (unless it's a torrential downpour or a blizzard, lol). Thus far, all of my kids are at healthy weights (one is a little under average weight for his age, but still okay) and I'm trying to keep it that way. But as parents, it has to be intentional.

Chana Johnson
Children's TV
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Chana:

And we have to lead by "example"(lol)

Too many times as parents, and I have done this - we tell our kids what they need to be doing, but we do not do the same.

Thanks for sharing with us - much APPRECIATED!

Hugs,
A

Moderated by  Chana- Children's TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.