Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I'm so sad. I had to take out my nose piercing the other day because of a job interview in a legal department. Since I'm in school for legal studies, I knew that this day was coming but I'm still sad. I feel like it was part of me so now I feel weird since it's gone.

Having said that, I know that if I'm offered the job, I will be expected to take out my tongue ring as well. Has anyone every tried the flesh colored balls for their tongue ring? Does it really make the tongue ring blend in?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
Whenever I see someone with clear or flesh-colored body jewelry, it seems to stand out just as much to me as if they were wearing something boldly colored or metallic. No one ever gets a color match so perfect that anything "flesh-colored" doesn't contrast. And clear plastic just yellows and looks dirty.

Clear glass is the most subtle stuff I've ever seen but I don't think you'd get a secure ball on a tongue barbell out of glass.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thank you for responding Rae...I appreciate the reply. I'm sad at the prospect of losing both piercings.

Elephant
Elephant
It's not uncommon to have to decide "piercings" or "work" in this day and age. Things have shifted a lot in the last 20 years, but not evenly in all fields or careers.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I totally agree. Unfortunately for me in the legal field you really find a sense of traditional office etiquette when it comes to dress and appearance. I've always wanted tattoos on both of my wrists but have held off for this exact same reason.

Barnes and Nobles is an employer where I've seen associates free to express themselves through piercings and tattoos with no issues.

Elephant
Elephant
I got both wrists tattooed in the last few years as I now work just writing from home. The cat doesn't care how much body art I have as long as I make the bed after I get up in the AM so she can lie down while I sit at the computer.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
lol that's funny!

Parakeet
Parakeet
Why do people today want to mutilate their bodies?

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
One person's mutilation is another person's beautification. It's a matter of perspective and what a person finds attractive.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

K
K
I took up a medical course until such time we had this medical check up for whole body i can't even open my mouth and then i got paled for the reason that i got pierce on my tongue which is a NO NO for school, after that i got suspended.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.