Hi there Imagineers!

'Something Old, Something New...' etc is a theme a friend of mine has just started to work on as a result of her having just got married and setting up home.

Well that lead me to think of other sayings etc. that could help with other themes for container garden set-ups. How about getting some down here with ideas for colours, plants and decor items.

Might give some us who are planning anything new for the New Year a touch of direction and lots of fun if there is focus instead of just an odd pot or two.

Use any idea that could be a theme - the name of a favourite book, CD, movie, proverb, nursery rhyme ... OMGosh, there are so many sources.

Here are some to start off - hope ou will join in. Don't worry too much about which flowers and plants for the moment - just go with the theme. Imagine. Imagine. Imagine.

- Vivaldi's FOUR SEASONS... music
- BAA BAA Black sheep... nursery rhme
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (or Hansel and Gretel)...faerie tales
- Oranges and Lemons, the bells of St Clemens...
nursery rhyme
- Cool calm and collected (as in cool as a cucumber)
- Red sails in the sunset...song
- Priscilla, Queen of the Desert...movie
- English Country Garden...song
- Moonstruck ... movie

Well; give it a go please and let's see how far we get. Could be that we vote on the most popular 5 say at the end of January to mid February then I-we can work on thinking them through with plant recipes and all and all.

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.