logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
For the last hour before I was finished work I was thnking of what to order from aa restaurant to take out for dinner. My desire was for steak and salad... This became an obsession. I ended up coming home to my meatloaf green beans and salad..but wow..couldn't believe how controlled my thoughts were about food..even locarb food. I am missing popcorn though. I looked it up and maybe someday a long time from now it will be possible...but definitely not now and not tonight.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Many of us definitely do get wound up around food, always thinking about our next meal. It's not healthy but it's a hard habit to break! A lot of times it has to do with us not eating regularly so we let ourselves get very hungry.

For example I was out shopping yesterday and only had an EAS shake before we left. "It'll only be an hour or two" says my boyfriend. By 6pm I was a starving maniac smile Then the restaurant we wanted to go to at the local mall had a 2 hour wait!! The mall was insanely packed. So we left the mall and found a nice Indian restaurant and gobbled everything in sight.

Eating hungry is definitely NOT a good idea.

Can you have healthy snacks at your work?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Yes, I can take snacks...I had to work an 8 hour shift (no breaks sick) so I took almonds and a cut a small piece of swiss cheese. I did do myself a favor yesterday though knowing I had to work a night turn (4:30 pm -12:45 am...nasty hours)...I went to Texas Roadhouse for lunch and had a nice sirloin steak, salad with bleu cheese and broccoli about 12:00 for lunch. Then before I left I had a scoop of chicken salad..then my snacks for the night. When I got home I made a small green salad before bed, I was kinda hungry.

Granny
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
It definitely sounds like you need more snacks if they make you work long shifts with no breaks! Is that even legal? Can you bring chopped up carrots or celery or something like that?

Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Yes..in transportation it's legal. All we need is a 9 min. set back for lunch (yuk yuk..) and if traffic holds us up we lose it. I don't work that job every day or night. I have my own job that is easier to deal with. I was helping someone out. but yes...I can take snacks. Almonds and cheese was all i could get ready quicly as I ran out the door last night. Never again...famous last words....never again.

Granny
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
by the way...I went easy on the water too because I knew...potty stops would be a premium.. I got 1..just once at 7 pm...then the rest of the night was a tremendous push push push to keep a schedule (I was running close to 5 min late most of the night anyway)

Granny
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yikes that sucks when you have to trade off between drinking healthy amounts of water and not being able to pee! I don't know how you would even handle something like that. To not drink really hurts your health levels in many ways. To have a pee accident though would be really awful for you. Is there any way to make regular stops and "pee even if you don't have to" to manage that?

I know several people who have had pee accidents so I understand completely the danger.

If you make up snack baggies once a week and stuff them all in your fridge it REALLY helps out a lot. Here's my article on the topic -

Easy Healthy Travel Snacks

Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Thanks for the snack tips..

On my regular job I don't have that kind of problem...in the am..I start at 4:30 and I get a break about a6:45...then I'm done at 8:30. In the pm I start at 2:13 and I'm done about 5:30 so there's seldom a problem..if I need to stop in the pm I can stop at the McDonalds because I have a 20 min. layover. What I did Sat was out of the ordinary for me. I would never bid on a job that went straight through for 8 hours...not in a heart beat. I was covering for someone else..

Granny
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Oh ok that sounded really scary to me! I can't even imagine what I would have done there!

3 hours in the afternoons with a McDonalds along the way doesn't sound TOO bad - you should be able to drink regularly during that run!

Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I'm lucky that I have enough seniority to bid a run that I want..not take what's left. In the past I've worked 8 hours straight without a break for food, water or potty...it's horrible. Now, I pick and choose what I want to do. Nice...real nice... normally I get plenty of water..but I still have problems with morning eating. I just can't face breakfast at 3:30 am...so I manage with snacks first, then breakfast when I get home. Today I treated myself to breakfast out...omlet with ham and swiss. The place I went to even had an operating fireplace going. mmmmm what ambiance.

Granny
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.