logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
OP Offline
L
Hi! I've been eating low carb since June 15. I've lost 15 pounds almost all at the beginning and my weightloss has slowed to nothing the past few weeks.
What am I doing wrong!? I don't get very hungry and have coffee with 2 splendas and heavy cream and an atkins shake in the morning. A shake or a protein/veggie lunch and a protein and salad for dinner. I don't think my calorie count passes 1200 a day. I don't do much exercise and don't get much water bec. I'm not thirsty thoughout the day. anything you can think of that would help would be very much appreciated!
Lisa in TX

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Shark
Shark
M
Hi Lisa,

I've tried lots and lots of diets throughout the years and read more diet books than I want to admit. Personally, I think trying to drink more water is important to overall health. I am a fan of Dr. Diana Schwarzbein's approach to healthy eating and weight loss. She is an endocrinologist who believes that you need to focus on health and wellness first and losing weight second. You can learn more about her approach atBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Martha McKinnon
L
OP Offline
L
Hi Martha, thank you for your response and the website. I am going out for a walk.
Lisa in TX

Zebra
Zebra
Glad everyone's walking! Do come by the BellaOnline Walking Site and forum for tips and training plans and injury prevention & treatment and just to tell us about your walking!

(Yep, it's a shameless plug, but I'm sort of a walking evangelist and can't help myself!) grin

A
A
Don't get discouraged! You are doing great. It is completely normal for the body to lose weight in chunks. It would be nice if it were a steady curve downward, but it rarely works like that!

There are so many things that could be going on here. Some people are sensitive to caffeine and need to cut it out to lose weight, some people get stalled when they eat processed foods like shakes, sometimes it is just that it is a point in the monthly cycle where the body grabs water. Keep experimenting, see if you can tweak something to make your body burn fat better. Listen to what your body is telling you. Do you have energy? Do you need to eat more? If you are going low carb, make sure you get plenty of fat and adequate protein. Exercise will benefit no matter whether it helps get over this stall or not. Don't even think about getting concerned until you are at the same weight for 4 weeks, though. If you do go that long without any movement in weight or inces, you just need to figure out what you need to adjust. This gives you a chance to know your own body better, and that is a good thing. Keep up the good work!

Theresa

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks! I am working on not being discouraged... would just like to see the numbers on the scale move! I am losing inches and I know that's a big plus.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Hi Lisa. I would say you really need to work on drinking lots of water. I drink about 3-4 quarts a day. Thirst is not an indicator of how much you need to drink...by the time one is thirsty, you are already in the dehydration cycle. smile

Some people have a special water jug they keep to drink from, or add something to their water to make it taste better.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
BTW that is great you are losing inches!

J
J
i add a few squirts of lemon juice to my water and now i am in love with the stuff

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
that is a great idea jenny!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.