Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#384518 03/01/08 03:35 PM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Do any of you have a home gym or workout area in your homes/apartments? I would love to hear about or see pictures of what other people set up, what gear they have in them. :-)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly #384520 03/01/08 03:37 PM
I have a treadmill n a bike set up in my parlor both in front of the T.V
no excuses! wait i'll find one ;o)

Rosie L
"Rosie" #384526 03/01/08 03:47 PM
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I have an exercise bike in the corner of the living room which currently has recording gear piled on it. Maybe tonight I will dig it out again. We have several small hand-held exercise weights here to use, and a pair of ankle weights. I have one of those rolly things you hold with your hands while you kneel and push out and in on it but I rarely use that.

We actually have a whole bowflex style weight set in the basement but it is completely covered with junk and can't be used. Once I get the upstairs cleared out I'll work on going through that but I think it has to wait until it is warmer to work on that.

I have a dance dance revolution pad for our PS2 which I actually enjoy using but when I jump around on it it shakes the TV which always makes me nervous. I wish we had a more solid floor, I might actually use it then.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Lisa LowCarb #384530 03/01/08 03:54 PM
Heehee i have a vacuum cleaner and cloths hang on my exercise bike. aren't they use full Lisa! i would love to have a bowflex but they cost so much.
Lisa i'm coming to work out at your house lol

Rosie L
"Rosie" #384793 03/02/08 01:58 AM
Shark
Shark
I bought a treadmill about ten years ago. I used it quite a bit for a few years, then one of my sons used it a lot for a few years, and then my husband decided to start exercising and it died. Poor guy. He decided to replace it with a weight machine. This thing looks impressive, but it doesn't work well. I won't use it.

I enjoy exercising (ok, I don't enjoy exercising, but I enjoy the way I feel after I exercise), and have always belonged to a gym. My advise would be to chose the best quality equipment that you can afford. You won't use it if it shakes, rattles, and rolls. You need a tv and/or music near your equipment.

I set up inexpensive stuff near my bigger piece of equipment. I have a jump rope, exercise mat, and a few weights. I like to use medicine balls and the big balance ball. I love the Bosu ball, but I am waiting for the price to go down! I clip out different exercises from magazines when I see them so that I have new things to try. I am very lucky to have an exercise area with a lot of windows, and the room is very cheerful.

It's a luxury that my whole family uses at one time or another. It's a healthy thing to do. I think it's worth the investment.

Tiger
Tiger
I have a treadmill and a weight bench with weights. I also have a heavy weight bag. Everything is located in the basement along with an old computer for watching movies (treadmill) and a cd player. I recently attained a fold up rowing machine on freecycle but haven't had a chance to clean it yet. I haven't decided if it will go downstairs or in my office.

M o e #384872 03/02/08 07:02 AM
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I really did start using the bike once it was cleared off so it's disappointing to see junk on it again. And really the stuff on it could just as easily be upstairs. Now of course my boyfriend is asleep in the living room (and the TV is blaring) so I can't ride it. Well on the other hand I suppose it won't wake him up any worse than the TV which obviously isn't .... ok you have inspired me! I'm going to go ride for 15 minutes and put on the next part of Mansfield Park BBC which I was watching ...

Low Carb Forum
Lisa LowCarb #385697 03/03/08 01:54 PM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor

I hope my yoga mat, stability disc and twist board show up today. :-)

this is so cool to hear about everyone's home gyms. Once i get my new items from Amazon I will post about how my area is set up. I will try to add a picture.

Does anyone have a pic of theirs? Even if you post one of your equipment covered in clothes, it will serve as a Before of your gym...and then you can post an After as a motivation tool.

Do people keep their workout books and workout logs in their gym area? Do people hang a motivational picture? Fitness posters? Where do you keep your mats, hand weights and jump ropes? Is it just in a clump on the floor by the treadmill/elliptical? Or organized in a rack/cabinet/basket?

Since my gym is right here in the dining area (no dining table, just the gym) I do want it to look nice in my darned open floor plan.

Last edited by Jilly; 03/03/08 01:56 PM.
Jilly #385706 03/03/08 02:05 PM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
oh, another question - does anyone use those rebounders with the support handle? do you enjoy them or get sick of them after the novelty wear off?

Moe, is a punching bag a lot of fun? Are they hard to set up? Do you use it often? (congrats on finding a free rowing machine!)

Jilly #385715 03/03/08 02:22 PM
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
The thing I really use is the bike which is just in the corner of the living room, it's facing the TV. So it's not really an exercise room and there's nothing else there. I turn on the TV, hop on the bike and ride away. I just finished up 15 minutes and got another portion of Mansfield Park in. I'm so glad I figured out that it wouldn't wake Bob up, I've been getting in a lot more riding time once I didn't have to work around his schedule.

I suppose there are a few hand weights beneath the bike but those are just to grab while we watch TV. Although pretty much always when we're watching TV I am using the laptop so I don't have any free hands smile

There is the downstairs bowflex thing in the basement but as mentioned I can't even get in to it right now so that needs to wait for warmer weather.

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.