Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
My mother has seen and sensed spiritual things before, some good, some not so good. This is not a dream. It actually just happened:

She was staying the night as a caretaker for a 106 year old woman in the woman's home. In the middle of the night my mother heard something and woke up. She was in the spare bedroom with the door open. A light left on from the bathroom down the hall to help the elderly woman see if necessary cast a soft glow into the hall.

My mother did not move from her bed but looked towards her open doorway. She was startled when a dark figure floated down the hallway towards the elderly woman's room. This figure was very clear to see and solid black, with a hooded head and visible arms. This figure did not walk, but instead it floated.

My mother was freaked out and thought someone was in the house, but there was nobody. She checked on the elderly woman who had her bedroom door open. The woman was sound asleep.

Is this a premonition of death?

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
Gecko
Gecko
G
well cassie,i thought about death when i read the first lines.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Hi Cassie,

I think as well as Gemineye, yes, there is eminent death. But that in itself, with someone who has lived strongly for 106 years, can be probable.

However, "seeing" or sensing, visions and dreams along with timing can reveal more. Some people have the ability to see past the "veil" that can separate human beings from the Other Side...what we're able to see physically of the Other Side.

If your mom is seeing such a thing. It's not likely it will be the last time and as you've mentioned she's felt things before.

What I feel can happen is, people who are open are sensitive to seeing. The closer they are to seeing, the closer they are more likely to recognize death.

In my experience, I haven't had a dark figure "take someone." But I have experienced people who have guides that show them through visions and symbolism, things to be expected.

Have you spoken to your mother since?

Last edited by Elleise - Clairvoyance; 02/03/12 06:04 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Cassie, is the elderly lady still living? I agree with Gemineye, I felt the same way.

PS: and agree with Elleise. Elleise, we posted just a few seconds from each other. What you say makes a lot of sense to me.

Last edited by Phyllis - Appalachia; 02/03/12 06:03 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
With two sensitives, especially, Phyllis, there's got to be a message in that itself smile

With everything else that can be going on, to intersect - me thinks it deserves at least a wink, but insight to the timing as well.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I have talked to my mother since and she has not had any more feelings or sightings of this nature. As far as I know the elderly woman is still alive.

My mother was asleep on the couch a few weeks ago, and she was awakened by a tap on her shoulder, but of course nobody was there because she lives alone. Around the same time there were some knocks on the front door but nobody was there. A short time later my boyfriend died, and my mother thinks that she was given a sign.

Mom grew up in the deep country, the upper part of Maine almost into Canada. There are hills and woods, lakes, etc. Lots of undisturbed land there. In her childhood there were all kinds of stories of beings appearing to people, or chasing people. She has had that happen walking home in the dark (the town was very small and barely any lights) with her sister. They were chased by something. Beings could be seen crossing the dark road way up ahead if you were driving. And it was definite that these beings were not animals. I know she has lots of personal stories of strange things happening there.

My mother saw my dead paternal grandfather at the foot of her bed three weeks after he passed away. She said it was during the night but the vision of him was as clear as day. He was wearing white and he was smiling. That was years ago.

She was given a gift of a framed print of a portrait from head to bust of a Victorian woman by my sister quite a few years ago. My sister worked at a framing shop at the time and the print had sat rolled up and abandoned on a shelf by a customer who had intended to have it framed but then never returned for it. My mother liked Victorian things at the time, so my sister framed it and gave it to her, which Mom loved. Mom hung it in the livingroom and we all admired it. She had a pretty dress and feathers in her hat.

Then the bad nightmares started for my mother. Something about a Victorian house and my mother driving to it or away from it. Someone was pulling on her hands on the steering wheel, raking at her hands and trying to make my mother crash her car. She would wake up with her hands feeling like they were on fire.

There would be waves of perfume in the house now and then, but it was nobody's scent in the house. Coffee mugs would be set down somewhere only to be located somewhere else. Noises would be heart in the garage but when investigated nothing was there.

My mother began to think it was because of the Victorian woman print. We all began to really study the print and in noticing the background of large brushstrokes in shades of dark green to black, we started seeing evil faces. We all saw it. My mother knew someone who wanted the print so she gave it away, making the person aware of what had been happening since the print arrived in the house. The person was not nervous at all, thinking it was just a picture. Once the print was out of my mother's house, the nightmares and strange happenings stopped.

The new owner of the print never had a problem with it. But I bet the former owner who left it at the frame shop was looking for a way to get rid of it, and they were afraid to just throw it out somewhere. I wonder what their experiences were with that print.

My mother must be highly sensitive to spirit activity. She is part Native American as well, and that could be one reason why she is so sensitive, as Native Americans in general have connections to the spirit world.

Fascinating, isn't it? Sometimes scary for my Mom though.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Fascinating, indeed, Debbie. Your mother is a sensitive.

As for the dark hooded figure in the elderly woman's home, he appears to be some sort of guide. The elderly woman is sleeping a lot not only because her physical body is aged and tired but her spirit is doing a lot of traveling during her dream state. The guide is nearby, getting her prepared to leave. For some reason, she is hesitating in leaving her physical body.

Regarding secondhand things, it is important to know as much as possible about an item's previous owner(s). Physical objects carry the energies of its previous environment and owner. Can you feel this when you walk into an antique shop filled with lots of sentimental things? If the items were imbued with negative energy, you can feel that, too. We moved into a few houses that were filled with angry vibrations (the owners had divorced) and we could feel it clearly and had to be careful not to argue ourselves. After prayer and cleansing, the houses were filled with our own energy which was happy and loving. Lots of laughter.

But it gets dangerous when you pick up objects that were intentionally created to cause harm or to allow evil energy to flow through them and into the lives of the living.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I agree!

I find not only objects, but homes themself have energies and "soft spots" or portals. There's never quite the right physical word.

But homes/objects contain...like a pyramid, so-to-speak. So there are areas not only within the parameter of the objects, but if you're sensitive as well, you almost act as a funnel.

That's been my experience anyway wink

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I always wondered why when I go into antique shops, and only these shops, the air seems thick and oppressive, and I often get a headache. I wonder if I am just sensing the energies attached to the items in the store. I never looked at it that way before, but it would explain how I seem to be in a different world in one of these places.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
That is quite an interesting thread Debbie. Is that possible that the guide is preparing elderly woman to leave? It is very strange for me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.