Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
With Easter weekend coming, sometimes it can be stressful getting together dinners and parties and even dealing with family members or certain friends we dont get to see regularily. We may love them very much but there can be a level of emotional draining that can occompany their visit, especially if they're a bit negative or emotionally down themselves.

I always have something set up just for me ahead of time in the bedroom. When I get overwhelmed, I'll sneak back where a clean, soft lit room and a tray of cheese, vegetables wine and relaxing cd wait to give me some time alone. What's interesting is that a few people will end up joining me who feel similarily overwhelmed. We end up almost reading eachothers minds, lol.

What do you do to deal with holiday gatherings or situations where you feel emotionally stressed by the people who will be there?

New Article

Psychic Attacks

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Angel Therapy, Classes & Consultations

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
This is really very interesting to me Eleise. I do just about the same as you do. I will go into a back room, light some candles, have a cup of Mocha, listen to some Native American flute music and close my eys for a few minutes. It really refreshes.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
If you're an Empath or "sensitive" holidays especially or just crowds can be overwhelming. It's almost a catch 22. You set up your surroundings as inviting as possible - almost a retreat. Then, especially during holidays, you're exposed to a lot of different energy. It's like shell shock.

I'm especially in trouble if someone's been crying, lol. My husband will give me a hug while I'm making dinner and I'll have a turkey baster in hand with tears streaming down my face - not really, but I'll feel like I'm fighting tears when I'm not even sad.

I think, depending on how healthy the relationship is between you and the guests,it can counter some of the less enjoyable sensations or make them worse I guess.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Consultations & Angel Therapy

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 04/12/09 11:40 AM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Elleise, Sorry if I'm off the subject with this topic but I signed up for the angel class consultation. Waiting to hear from you.

Julie

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Hi Julie,

Not a problem, really. Honestly, I'm glad you got a hold of me. I sent a private email to your address, just to let you know. There was a problem w/paypal or a virus or both, sadly. I'm leaning more toward a nasty virus. All of my links had been re-routed???? I sent two emails actually but I'm hoping you check back here too though.

I've enclosed a phone number as well in the emails. I've checked to see that they were delivered but I just want to make certain they get to you or this does. Please let me know if the emails do not reach you though. I'm so sorry about the delay.

Class Scheduling will begin this weekend. So, shoot me a good day or evening for you, o.k.? I'll keep checking back here as well. Speak with you soon!!

Elleise
Consultations, Angel Therapy & Courses

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 04/14/09 05:45 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.