logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
FGFG Offline OP
OP Offline
F
my moms birthday is this weekend and i want to bake her a yummy cake. do you have a good recipe for a cake like that: http://tinyurl.com/bplc9my

Last edited by FGFG; 01/03/13 01:35 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Shark
Shark
T
Hello and thanks for posting smile I do have one recipe for a sponge cake that you can decorate in different ways and with a variety of ingredients. Hopefully this will be of help.

The link to this recipe will tell you how to make the sponge Vasilopita Sponge Cake but you can then adapt a few of the ingredients used.

One idea is you could make three individual sponges and create a small tier cake by using different sized pans - maybe 10", 8" and 6", take 2 of the cakes (the larger ones) and add a layer of jam or buttercream filling to each and stack all 3 together before covering the entire cake with a vanilla or chocolate frosting - just in case, I will add another post on how to make cake frosting. Finish by adding little touches such as chocolate drops, candles, jelly sweets or anything that will add a personal touch to your mom's birthday cake.

Last edited by Clare - Greek Food; 01/03/13 06:29 AM.

T
Shark
Shark
T
I hope my suggestion is of help to you and if you do think about making a tier cake then you might want to consider using self raising flour instead of plain flour.

As promised, this is how you make chocolate frosting - very simple smile

200g milk chocolate / 7.05oz
Approx 50g / 1.76oz butter
2 cups icing sugar

1) Heat the chocolate in a pan (low heat) until smooth
2) While you are waiting for the chocolate, mix the butter and icing sugar together in a medium sized bowl
3) Once the chocolate is ready, add this to the other ingredients and stir well. The mixture should be light and fluffy and easy to spread

You may need a larger amount of each ingredient (than mentioned above), should you choose to cover the entire cake but this will give you a good idea of where to start.

Last edited by Clare - Greek Food; 01/03/13 08:00 AM.

T
Shark
Shark
T
If you need any more help then please let me know and I want to wish your mom a very Happy Birthday smile

Moderated by  Gina - Greek Food Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.