Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
What dream symbols appear most often in your dreams? If yours isn't on the list, please feel free to post your response.

Your Dream Symbols
multiple choice
Votes accepted starting: 01/20/13 09:24 AM

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
As for me, my dreams have changed throughout the years. In the beginning, I often dreamed about the open ocean. Sharks.

Then, my recurring dream themes was about highways and journeys and being in college.

Today, I dream often about different dimensions and seeing spirits of people in various places and situations.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
My parent's house was broken into one time when we left to drive our dad to the airport. We all slept in the living room until he returned. They used matches for light and left them all over the house.

Another time when I was young, I had a friend over and we were in the basement playing records. Later that night after the friend went home, my mom had told me to go back downstairs and turn off the lights and record player, which I knew I had aleady done. Apparently my friend had snuck back in the house to hear the record again, but ran out as I headed downstairs.

I'm thinking that's why my dreams are always about someone breaking in, even now a life time later.

Last edited by Dianne W - Editor; 01/20/13 10:09 AM.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks for stopping by, Dianne. smile

Childhood events can leave permanent scars upon our psyches because we're at such a vulnerable and impressionable stage of life. When our homes are broken into, it is a major security breach and invasion of privacy. For a child, this is extremely traumatic.

One of the most basic human needs for a child is to feel safe. Even though you are grown, you still harbor a deep-seated fear of insecurity.

Additionally, it is possible that you feel you don't have clear boundaries and others attempt to "break into" your sense of self. Reflect on your waking life circumstances and relationships to see where you can strengthen yourself.

I encourage you to try some Dream Therapy during which you can relax and do some meditation exercises. While in meditative state, you can enter a sort of waking dream state (aka. daydream) and imagine yourself fortifying your home. Make it beautiful--anyway you like--but surround your house with an invisible but impenetrable energy field of light, love and protection. People can enter only with your permission.

Redream your childhood experience: See any potential invaders as not being able to enter due to locked windows and doors. Same for your old friend's break-in. Dream about a protective dog standing guard and chasing everyone away.

Do you have a dog in your waking life? It might be a good idea to get one or two. For friendship and protection. Very good tokens to have around.

Thanks for your support. smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Thank YOU Lori, excellent insight. I find it fascinating, and truly believe that what happens in our childhood manifests itself later in life.

I took an excellent self-hypnosis class a few years back - it was very helpful in finding that quiet place to relax within.

The one funny thing is that I do not like dogs. Never have, though we did let our kids have one once and I did most of the caring for it - despite the (now ex)husband and kids who wanted it. Dogs actually became a huge issue when my mother-in-law was staying with us and had one that I used to call "the beast" because he was so big and hairy and used my wall to wall carpet as his own personal toilet...LOL..anyway, I digress.

Thanks so much for the always helpful insight!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
It also happens with me Lori. My dreams have also changed time to time. I can’t choose one option. Recently, I have seen dreams of shopping….

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
I recall having quite frequent dreams (though not recently) of my teeth dropping off in one way or the other... Yup.

Not sure how many people experience this one, but you might wanna add it to the list?

Ching Kin Min
Japanese Culture
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Online Content
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Oh yes, quite - the teeth dropping out. I know that one.

Also showing up places and realising that somehow I'm still in my pyjamas. No one ever seems to notice. That's probably not unrealistic when I think about what people go out wearing! wink

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I have had dreams of my teeth dropping out, too. Someone told me it was because I was feeling powerless about something in my life. Don't know about that.

I do notice that I dream alot about what I have just read. I read before bedtime and find myself incorporating parts of what I read in my dreams.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I have never heard about teeth dropping out technique. I will definitely try it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.