Next Thread
Print Thread
#752831 03/22/12 03:07 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

This brought tears to my eyes, as well as a feeling of helpless fury Deb, I honestly don't know what else to say.

She has lost everything

Filmmaker's heart-wrenching documentary shows tragic final hours of orangutan's life as her rainforest home is ruthlessly destroyed in Indonesia. The result of demand in the western world for timber and palm oil.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Researching ... I'll look into how Animal Life is able to help. Anger/frustration towards the seemingly abstract is tricky. It has the ability to make one rise to the occasion and stand or crush the spirit like an aluminum can. The trick is to surround yourself with positive, supportive energy. Don't fret - you've always got my ear.

I look forward to reading your comments.

The evolution of humankind can be measured by how its animals are treated.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Francine, One side to the human condition is that man is a destroyer. Until each person comes to respect first of all himself, others, and all of the earth, this type of thing will go on unchecked. My people always said that anyone that hurts an animal will hurt a human being with no more thought. My very good German friend wears a t-shirt that says,"rette die erde",(save the earth). I say,"Bei stimpt (for sure) My German is old and probably dielect but that is how I learned it. Europeans love animals. dave

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 03/22/12 03:39 PM.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I shared that article Francine on everything I could share it on. The photo of Green being pulled out of the mud, and the look in her eyes, has tears in my eyes as I type.

I totally agree with Dave that until HUMANS understand that our behaviour towards our planet and those who inhabit it is just wrong, then nothing will stop the destroyer on his mission.

If this is what it takes to get a piece of wood, then human beings do not deserve wood. So much waste in the world and this is the end result... those eyes will haunt me now!

Linda Heywood

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Yes I agree totally with Dave also Linda, and those eyes had me in pieces.......and there are some who say animals have no feelings.

Like you in the spirit of Deb's comment I also shared the article wherever I could, and in several languages and countries. People must begin to understand just what lies behind their disposable chopsticks or whatever.

And apparently the fashion for throwaway chopsticks is where a lot of rain forest wood goes.

As for palm oil, there are so many alternatives already available but it is now increasingly being used for everything from cooking to biodiesel.

A British animal welfare activist Ruth Harrison wrote:
Quote:
In fact, if one person is unkind to an animal it is considered to be cruelty, but where a lot of people are unkind to animals, especially in the name of commerce, the cruelty is condoned and, once large sums of money are at stake, will be defended to the last by otherwise intelligent people.
She died some time ago but her words are just as true now.

Last edited by Francine - German Culture; 03/23/12 06:14 AM.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Visit Rainforests and Animal Diversity

I understand and appreciate the sense of futility found in the words here. We have a choice. Are there people set for destruction - yes. Does that mean those who choose positive change will be unsuccessful? - No.

It only means that we feel the struggle more because we actually care about what we are doing. I hope Nalini nadkarni's video proves inspirational. Standing up for change is not a futile endeavor. It's only futile when we stop caring.

I look forward to reading your comments.

The evolution of humankind can be measured by how its animals are treated.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter

Moderated by  Deb - Animal Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.