Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
My baby brother (24!) is buying his first apartment. He's doing this with no help from anybody; he saved for his down payment and won't accept financial help from any of us. I'm so proud of him! When i told him this, he told me that my husband and i had been great role models for him, and taught him that it's better to stand on your own feet than feel like you owe someone something.
Do you feel that childfree people make great role models? Has anybody had any childfree/childless role models that impacted on their life?
I had an amazing childfree teacher at secondary school. She taught french and classics, and had a wonderful life. Her school holidays were spent on exotic foreign shores, and she had a beautiful home, car and wardrobe. She also had a fantastic social life, loads of friends and a gorgeous long-term partner. I wanted to be just like her.

Not quite there yet, but still trying!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I think that childfree people can be great role models. I had a Sunday School teacher who was childfree (unfortunately he died of diabetic complications years ago) who was wonderful. I learned a lot from him.

Because we're childfree, we're free to pursue hobbies, travel, and really develop ourselves as people. Because of that, I think we can serve as role models by allowing children to see how far they can stretch their potential. I read somewhere that having a child can stunt your growth in terms of learning and experience, which goes against the idea that having a child is the only way to be complete as a person. There are so many ways in which you can enhance your life and expand your horizons; having a child is just one of them and not the only way.

C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
I had a teacher in high school who acquainted me with the term d.i.n.k. I loved it. And have to admit was releaved that it wasn't strange to not want children. He even moved in to what was normally considered a retirement community by convincing them he wasn't going to have any children, and that he and his wife wouldn't even have visiting grandchildren.

I think that is so cool!

Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
F
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
F
I have been invited for the third time this year by the Future Achievers of my County to speak to grade school children about the importance of healthy eating and exercise (I'm a certified personal trainer/medic/f.f.). I also volunteer once a month for meals on wheels, delivering food to senior citizens, and once a month to my nearest Fire Department as a certified Firefighter. I donate to five organizations quarterly: two adult, two animal and one childrens organization. I ask all you parents out there who criticize childfree by choice people, what services do you regularly volunteer your time for and how many organizations do you donate to? If the answer is none, then go do some soul searching.
Fire

Hell hath no fury as a woman childed!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.