Next Thread
Print Thread
#785230 09/29/12 06:00 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I've been having an odd experience. On several occasions, when I go into my closet, there is a strong smell of a man's body odor. It is not my husband or anyone else I know. And this is the odd part: the smell comes and goes.

When it is there, it is strong and unmistakable. When it is not, there is not a single trace of it. My closet is clean. There are no odors in it usually.

I checked different times of the day, different types of weather (hot, cold, etc.) and the smell does not appear at any particular, regular time.

I have the clairs to varying degrees. I sense a man, but the scent alone can tell one that. It is not a threatening presence at all. Nothing dark, evil or negative. It is just there and for some reason, I cannot see a face or get more info. I suppose I should open dialogue directly to learn more but I hesitate to do this because I am not trying to welcome any spirits into my abode. I performed a cleansing a while back and my home is closed to anyone except family.

The thing is that while I do have males in my family who have passed, this scent is not from them. This much I know.

I have a feeling that someone brought him in (I had a lot of home maintenance repairs and upgrades done with workers in and out of the house.) This home was originally owned by family and there never was any hint of paranormal activity during those first 40+ years.

Any insights?

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Interesting- have you noticed any temperature drops when this happens? Also what was the humidity like? Sometimes a moister atmosphere can release odours. Also what have you had done on the plumbing front?

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Koala
Koala
Dear Lori-dreams, One of my friends is a chaneller ,soul passer,does exorcists and everything. Went to a recent conference ,he gave us ,somethings to think about,specially errant souls,looking for someone to cling to. Have you before been in in contact with a soul,spirit etc. You mentionned you made a cleaning of your house,spirit wise.Why don't you do the same with that"person/soul. I am sure it was brought in by one of the workers,leaving it behind,the "energy" soul felt well at your home.Stayed. I am not an expert,you seem to know a lot more about that than me. I know I would call my friend the chaneller so the soul could be passed through the light. Simply suggesting loongdragon

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Before getting the 'psychic experts' in check that this smell doesn't have a physical origin.

A classic example of this happened yesterday when I was doing my Homecheck job. The client and her friend swore they could smell burning, it turned out to be some epoxy resin putty I had used to secure a portion of the gate clip that was just curing. smile

One thing you can try is essential oil of lemon sprinkled in the cupboard. We had a problem with a nasty smell in a cupboard and this killed it within a day.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi Ian,

I have been very sure to check for a physical source for this odor. I find it odd that it can be very, very strong and then just completely absent. Gone. No trace.

I hadn't noticed a drop in temperature in there when the smell is present. It would have been noticeable since the weather has been exceedingly hot and on some days muggy, too.

Odd thing is that it hasn't been appearing very frequently lately. The other day, I detected it and called out to my daughter to come and check it out. By the time she got there, it was gone completely.

I am getting that it is a larger man who is embarrassed that he is being detected. After all, he seemed to be in the closet more often when I was in there changing my clothes! LOL. (er, that's creepy now that I think about it.) It could be my son's girlfriend's father after all...we shall see.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Oh, loongdragon...you could be right, too, that it was a worker brought in by another worker.

I could do a cleanse but my goal is not to shoo this spirit away more than help it move onto a better place. That is a different ritual.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Indeed smile Just "shooing it away" could result in it's causing problems for someone who is not attuned to the spiritual world so redirecting it is much the better action.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Well, the odd thing is that ever since I began talking about "him" out loud and urging my family to check out my closet, "he" leaves. He hadn't returned in quite a while.

Then, the other night, he returned as I entered my closet. Suddenly my husband came into the room and *poof* he vanished.

I haven't bothered to do a cleansing. I have talked to him but it is so far a one-way conversation and I don't mind he pops in. When time avails, I'll see what's up, what he wants and where he wants to go from here.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.