Next Thread
Print Thread
Vannie Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Where do you use your computer? Does it have a place of its own?
I have found that people use their computers any and everywhere they can find space.

My home office is set up in a corner of my living room. I have a fairly large desk for my laptop and printer. I have a small bookcase for my paper, etc. Plus I can look out of the sunny window--so it's not so bad. A full small office would be lovely, though wink

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
We have a spare room right now where we have both of our computers, but we are moving to a smaller place soon so we will have one in the living room, and one in the bedroom. I like having it away from the living area.

H
H
I love this topic! As a Home Organizer, I have helped client's find a place for their computer/home office in some very unique places. Of course laptops/notebooks are more versitle but not everyone has one or even prefers one over a desktop. Anyway, here are some of the places I've seen used...

Attic
Basement Corner
Walk-in Closet
Corner of Living Room or Bedroom
Foyer
Lobby
Hall or Landing
Garage
Garden Shed!
Laundry Room
Utility Room

Try looking for an unused space in your home from the list above and if it has room for a table or desk, get creative about how you can use it. A privacy screen can help make your space...well...a little more private ;-)

If you have the money, all-in-one cabinets are great too. You can set up an entire office in one of these and then close the doors when guests are coming.

Try looking at office furniture outlets, garage sales or in the classified ads for second hand, yet functional home office solutions.

There are more helpful home office ideas in the "Get Organized to Work at Home" e-booklet (no charge) which you can find on my other siteBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by HomeOrganizeIt; 05/30/07 03:56 PM.

All the best,
Erin
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Vannie Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: lala21
We have a spare room right now where we have both of our computers, but we are moving to a smaller place soon so we will have one in the living room, and one in the bedroom. I like having it away from the living area.

lala21,

I envy your spare room. I would love to have one. But in my heart of hearts, I know that I would end up making a library (my secret desire) instead of a real office. Working in a smaller space is not so bad, you just have to do a little planning and a lot of organizing if you to stay fairly neat.

Thanks for sharing.

Vannie Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Erin (HomeOrganizeIt)

Thanks for passing on this useful information and sharing your web sites. I once saw a small office space in a closet and fell in love with it.

I will stop by your sites for more info. smile

H
H
The great thing about a small office space in a closet is you don't have room for clutter ;-) The only trouble I have with a closet space personally is usually it will lack a window or natural light. But, we all have to use what we have when first starting out!

All the best,
Erin
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
My computer (a PC) is in one of the two living rooms, this is also where my television is.

Moderated by  Vannie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.