Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
I'm just back from a trip hiking and backpacking in southern Utah (first article,
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
This isn't exactly a National Park, but our family loves to hike the trails at Stone Mountain here in Georgia.

They've got all different levels of trails cut so that you can walk it depending on your fitness level.

Then at night during the summer they have an amazing laser show.

It's a really fun way to spend a day. Hike first, pack a picnic to have on the grounds during the light show and fireworks. It's kind of an annual (or more) tradition in our family.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Toiyabe National Forest in South Lake Tahoe, California, is a great place to hike. Especially if you follow the coastline on the cliffs rising above the lake. It is beautiful. On really hot days you can be trudging along then suddenly come to a little waterfall and stream of icy cold water from the snow-capped mountains above. I sat with my aching feet in the stream once, years ago, and can still remember how cooling and peaceful it was in that spot.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I also love Arches, Zion and Canyonlands parks in Utah. smile The Angel's Landing hike really does trump almost any other hike I've done.

My fave parks are the Grand Canyon, Joshua Tree and King's Canyon, along with those Utah parks mentioned above. I am also partial to North Cascades, Yosemite and Rocky Mountain.

M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
Hello everyone and thanks for the comments. I've not yet had the pleasure of hiking in Georgia, but I'm slowly working my way through the states -- will keep your favourite spot in mind Michelle. I love it when hiking meshes with family tradition.

Peace and those hidden gems that glow forever in our memories are two of the reasons I love hiking too Phyllis. National Forests have it abundance.

Finally, nice to hear you back on this forum Jill! Looking forward to the day we meet up on a trail somewhere -- will it be Zion or the Grand Canyon?!

Cheers,
Megan

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Both are incredible Megan! You pick. smile

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Jilly, forgive my ignorance lol, but is there a national park in NY state? I think there are mountains there - does anyone know what they are like?

Where are the hiking routes, if any, and are there retreats, cabins or camp grounds?

What are the hiking safety tips for first-time students walking there?

Thanks

M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
I'm in Zion more often than the Big Ditch, so that'd be my choice Jill! Spring works best for me (always in Utah that time of year).

Cheers,
Megan

M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
Hello Siobhain (aka Short Stories Editor),

Jilly has left the site, it's now me, Megan, who's here to moderate the site -- although Jill's more than welcome to chime in with answers anytime!

I have to admit, I've not yet been to New York State, but the National Parks Service has a great website, National Park Service: New York with all the answers! There are countless National Monuments, National Historic Sites and the granddaddy of all American hiking trails, the Appalachian Trail runs through the state. You can find out all the details about hiking safety on that particular trail by clicking the link.

Cheers,
Megan

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Megan, let's plan to meet in Zion next spring and invite anyone else who wishes to join us! smile

Siobhain, it's been a long time since I was in NY, but i remember enjoying the Catskills, the Finger Lakes and Bear Mountain Park on the Hudson River.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.