Print Thread
N
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
N
Another report came out stating that parents believe girls and boys are equally difficult. What do you think?

Because girls demand much more emotional attention, I thought girls were more difficult - hands down. I've never argued so much about fashion in my life - starting during the preschool years. My son's laid back attitude towards everything was a welcome relief. However, now that my son is older, I still think girls are more difficult but I'm holding my finally vote until later.

Nina Guilbeau
Siblings Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I found that it was more difficult to raise my daughter. I think that is mainly because she told me everything, my son kept a lot to himself and many things he did that I would have had a fit about, I found out after he became an adult. Things like climbing down sheer cliffs, wandering around all night with his friends when they were supposed to be at one of their homes or a school event, etc..... He was pretty sly about things he did, whereas my daughter just was not able to keep secrets from me.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I have had both and felt that it was a wash.
The boy was harder when he was young, always pushing the limits and hard to discipline, but when he reached 12 suddenly he became sweet and cooperative. I think it was because he finally realized that females are desireable, not disgusting, and appearances to the contrary, Mom is female.
My girls, on the other hand, were a delight UNTIL they reached 12, and then they turned into horrible monsters that caused us every problem in the books. I wouldn't wish teenaged girls on my worst enemy! Even my calmest, most tractable DD became sullen and balky then.
However, the good news is that they DO grow out of it, and my 4 DDs are each a joy to me now in their own different ways.

It was definitely more difficult raising my daughter, then my two sons. to this day at 39yrs old she's still gives me trouble ;o(

Rosie L
F
Gecko
Gecko
F
Generally speaking, boys are a handful early on as small children. Girls, as small children, aren't nearly as chaalenging as boys are at that age, but they are much much more difficult than any boy can be once they start approaching their teenage years.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I had 3 boys - but i come from a family of girls (5 girls one boy) and all my sisters had girls. So growing up my boys were around women all the time! For the most part i thought the boys were easy - good babies - easygoing - then 13 hit -hormones raging - friends more important than family (i was divorced from their father so i had to contend with that also) -i always tried to listen to them but honestly sometimes they would do things - and i would say - what the heck? Boys have to be reminded a million times to do things - birthdays/anniversaries etc - reminded. But good to teach. And being around women all their lives - they've learned a few things about how to treat girls etc. What will be put up with and what won't.

That's not to say i haven't had issues. My middle son went to live with his dad at 13 - thought my rules were too much. Then came back at 16 - then just left again at 18 - he needed space. Although they were difficult times and i cried alot - i had hoped that what i'd taught them early on - would shape the decisions they would make. I know how hard it is to 'find' what you're looking for. So i gave him his space. My youngest who is 15 is a gem - and i mean that - probably because he's seen how his older brothers have done things - and he doesn't want to repeat the same things.

They've all learned respect. For themselves and each other and others. It's a learning curve - one that i hope they will come out of knowing they are loved and im here. That's my hope - bringing up young men is different than young women. Their emotional intelligence isnt the same - and they deal with crisis different. We have to listen to what they don't say -often that's when we can help them the most!

D
Shark
Shark
D
Boys are easier; you only have to worry about one [censored] - with girls, you have to worry about many.

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
hahaha Good one. Dmichelle. You are so right.

I am so overprotective at times about my daughters. Especially considering they have much more body than I ever had at their ages.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor

Moderated by  Nina - Siblings 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.