Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
Do you think this show is entrapment or not?
Please explain why or why not?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
As per the regulations of Perverted-Justice.com - they never talk to someone first, never initiate contact. It is always the alleged pedophile that makes first contact.

Perverted-Justice.com is the front line in the cause for catching these guys, not just on - camera. They also are the behind-the-scenes volunteers on the Dateline specials.

I do think Dateline does a good job in showing the variety of people who sexualy solicit minors online. There's no one specific profile.

I think Dateline sensationalizes it a bit too much, though.

This is my opinion on the matter. And in total disclosure, I was a forum member and volunteer for perverted-justice for about a year. I can't even begin to describe the awful things that were said and done to my VERY underage profiles. Even though my encounters weren't televised, and did not involve a "meeting" - for every encounter that I feilded, that was one perv that wasn't hurting a real 10 year old child.

Kids have enough to worry about these days, without being naive prey for sexual preditors. The first line of defense are the parents who monitor their childrens' internet usage & chat logs. The second line of defense are groups like Perverted-Justice.com.

And again, this is my opinion. Your views may vary.

Meg

F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
You know Meg, I pretty much agree with you, but overall, I'm literally torn between both sides of this issue. Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea of getting these people off the streets, and see the deterrent value to the show. But my gut tells me that most of these people wouldn't even go there if these "Perveted justice" decoys didn't exist. And as soon as one of these perverts type anything awful to these minors online, these kids (whether they're 10, 12, 13 whatever) should know enough to simply not respond.

These decoys posing as minors were expressing enthusiastic consent by continuing the conversations online.
Based on that, they should be held to some degree of accountability as well.

It's like an undercover cop posing as a hooker. You're going on the basis of assuming people are inherently bad or evil, which is a premise I completely disagree with. If the hooker wasn't there, more than likely that person wouldn't even of gone there or thought about it.

I can't decide whether or not this whole Dateline thing is entrapment? My gut tells me that it is. They did land up nabbing some already convicted sex offenders, which is good though.

Not that it's more or less wrong, but I just don't understand why sex offenders are demonized more than murderers, serial killers, and people who violently and physically abuse another?
I don't get?

All these problems stem from our repressive puritan-based attitudes about sex more than anything else.

Last edited by forcegx7; 07/23/07 07:43 PM.

Moderated by  Katy- RealityTV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.