Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#576679 01/08/10 10:38 PM
M
mom2b Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I need help with a baby girl name. I like the name Mary-Kate, but don't know what to use for a middle name? I also like the names Allegra, Christina, Holly, Jennifer and Jessica. Would you use Mary Kate as first and middle or as a first name only? What other name suggestions do you have for me? mom2b

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
Given the choices of Mary-Kate as a first name or Mary Kate as a first/middle combo, I would go with Mary-Kate as a first name. (Though, if I could do it my own way, I think I'd actually use Mary as a first name and Katherine as a middle, and call her "Mary Kate" as a nickname.)

A longer middle (3+ syllables) would sound great with Mary-Kate. It would balance things out. Of the names you mentioned, I like Allegra and Christina best as middles. Some other ideas: Amanda, Rebecca, Diana.

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
Those other names you suggested, do you want them as first names? If so, I really like Holly (preferable Holly Jade) I would also go with Mary-Kate as a first name. I like Mary-Kate Leonora, but I do have kind of a thing for Leonora ;)

M
mom2b Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I guess most of those names I like as first names with the exception of Christina which could be changed to Christine as a middle or Allegra, which I could use either way. I'm just looking for more name suggestions or combinations using some of them. I was thinking maybe- Mary-Kate Allegra or Mary-Kate Danielle, or Jessica Danielle, or Jessica Renae, or Christina Danielle. Which are your favorites? Also my last name is Alexander, so I thought maybe with Mary-Kate Allegra, going with the 3 syllable middle name might be a little much considering that would put the entire name at 10 syllables. Should I look for a shorter middle name?

N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
I like Mary-Kate as a first name with Alexander, probably because Mary-Kate ends with that definitive T-sound, whereas Jessica and Christina both end with an A that blends with the A of Alexander.

My two favorite combinations, of the ones you mention, are Mary-Kate Danielle and Mary-Kate Allegra.

(I don't think Allegra is too long. In fact, I think the rhythm of Allegra sounds really nice in the middle. I would worry a little about Allegra blending with Alexander, though.)

Last edited by Nancy C.; 01/10/10 03:56 AM.

Baby Name Blogger & Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.