Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Hi, I love it when readers ask for recipes. How about you? Is there something that you want me to write about? I can feature recipes and reviews of products.

What sandwiches or side dishes would you like to see featured on the Sandwiches Site? Do you have a condiment that you want to use? Ask for a recipe!

Here are ideas to get you started...

Sandwiches-almost any finger food that is wrapped in something else. This includes bread, tortillas, pita, lettuce, etc.

Side dishes include salads, soups, veggie dishes, and desserts.

These are dishes that pair well with sandwiches.

Now, your turn!

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Peanut butter, my fav sandwich, and ?

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Connie, hello there,

I wouldn't mind your opinion and writing about good 'food combination' sandwiches ... you know even if you don't think there is much to the subject, there are many who do.

They do not mix the wrong proteins with the wrong starches. A cheese sandwich is a no no, a meat and potato mix not good either I read, but a salad sarmie is good etc and so on.

Maybe other visitors to your forum will pass an opinion on food combination eating?

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi Connie,

I think that you should be commended for your democratic outreach for sandwich and side dish ideas because just as Lon Chaney was referred to as "the man of a thousand faces," you could be called "the woman of ten thousand sandwich ideas and creations."

Perhaps you can apply your creativity to converting classic appetizers, salads and/or main dishes into sandwiches, por ejemplo, a crusted macaroni and cheese sandwich or a shepherd's pie sandwich.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Hi Connie.

Who was the Earl of Sandwich? That would make a good article on the origins of "The Sandwich".

One of my favorite sandwiches is a potato sandwich. Now, as Lestie states, that is starch with starch, but it is soooo good.

Leftover baked potatoes, sliced
Red or Yellow Onion, sliced
Bread and Butter Pickles
Pepper to taste
Mayonnaise

Assemble on whole wheat bread. A good side with this is green salad with green onions and tomatoes - with Italian dressing.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello fellow sandwich eaters!

Not easy for me to admit and funnily enough don't do it anymore because I moved away, but one of my favourite sandwiches supplied by a fast food outlet at one time was a lamb-stew roll.

They (Greek owners) also used to make their own bread rolls with a crisp and crusty outer layer and soft dough in the middle. They removed a lot (not all) of the middle dough and filled this with a gravy delish spicy lamb stew mix (tiny cubes of lamb, potato and carrots). The dough left behind soaked up the gravy and made it easier to eat on the run. To die for doll!

Oh dear! I really put on weight that year that I worked there... those sarmies distracted and certainly solved many a business problem!

Who would have thought of Lamb Stew Rolls Connie? Maybe you will get others to tell of the odd things people have done in the name of this honourable victual, the dear dear sandwich!

I know I have asked this on your forum before, but have you investigated the Bunny Chow? Do so and see what you see - oh such a staple solution for many here in S A!

Cheers now!

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 09/14/12 02:07 PM.

Container Gardening Site

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Panini without a press!

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
The Sandwich Idea Forum is still open, but I have some great ideas!
Thank you all.

Lestie, do you have a link for Bunny Chow?

Sandwiches
Reading

My EBook link.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Lestie, I looked up Bunny Chow. I'll have to experiment. Lamb is not so available in the U.S. as it is in some other parts of the world.

Sandwiches
Reading

My EBook link.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Connie and all,

I find that very interesting - why is lamb not so available in the USA? Is it a national taste? on health grounds? Governmentally managed? No interested farmers? Just plain not popular? What do the Greek community do ... anyone Greek out there who is reading this, please say a say, ta

Anyway, Bunny Chow is more a way of presenting the food I guess than the food itself and also have to remember that the cow is sacred to Hindus, so the preference for lamb curry etc is obvious.

You could use any kind of curry from vegetable onwards, or spiced lentils etc as vegetarian options. The bunny chow is also used for delish breakfasts on the run made up of bacon and eggs and tomato relishes and etcs.

A visit to Durban (or any place in S A that might be named 'a little India') would just not be complete without eating bunny chow - I even went to a party once where we had to mirror some part of SA society and as guests bring some dish that would feed around 4/6 people. Kind of like a self funding business idea, it was a self feeding party as there were around 45 guests and much of an array of foods and drinks to choose from. Everyone joined in too.

Well, the mix and match that arrived was abolutely fantastic and fun - can't really think of another party I have attended quite like it ... it was so great.

One lady took sweet sour prawns (?) served Bunny Chow style, dressed in a sari and another came in curlers with her front teeth blackened out with a yummy dish of Bobotie (a sort of mincedmeat and eggcustard curried bake) - a speciality of our Cape Malay cooking.

Oh what fun we had. I used to be (does one ever really forget how) a jam etc. maker of note and dressed in a crimpolene outfit took small bottles of my Granny's 'konfyt' (watermelon full fruit 'jam'), home made gingerbeer and coriander biltong (your jerkey).

Oh Connie, thanks for making me think of that - what a nice memory and am grinning as I type this.

Anyway, I would recommend a bunny-chow presentation of sandwiches for picnics and only home-made crusty loaves of bread. For filling - who writes rules these days ... anything that suits your taste and any sandwich filling you choose really and boy o boy, does this site offer a cornucopia!

Cheers y'all

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 09/15/12 01:05 PM.

Container Gardening Site

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.