Print Thread
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Divorce is possibly one of the hardest transitions a person will experience in their lifetime.

Divorce and Spirituality

Please read my latest article on the Spirituality site. Your feedback is always welcome!

Last edited by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor; 08/02/15 03:10 AM.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Good article Deb! Let me borrow a few words from a sentence in your article. " You must honor the majestic being you are!" To me these few words will sustain anyone in any situation. Majestic is what lies within each being and although it seems to get lost in this world of chaos it nevertheless remains untouched and undiminished.

I don't pretend to know what divorce is like but I do know that there are things that are immovable within each soul no matter how much we are beat up by life and if recognized I believe that they can be a great healing force. Sincere encouragement to all that suffer this loss!! Blessings

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Thank you for reading my article, Dave, and also for your comments. I wish I had had my article to read 5 years ago when I was divorced by my husband. It felt then like the very light went out of my soul. To this day I miss him terribly, but I have to stand back and allow him to follow his own path.

The only way I survived this and yet more devastating losses to come was to look within and to honor myself. If I did not save myself nobody else would, but I was lucky to have some very dear and supportive people helping me to pull myself out of the dark hole I fell into. One of those people was you, and I can't thank you enough for the love and compassion you have shown me.

Blessings, dear Brother.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Deb, Thank you for your kindness. I'd love to take the credit for your healing but I have to give credit where credit is due. All that I did was slightly guide the journey yet all the time holding up a mirror so that you always kept yourself in view. At first maybe you did not like what you saw which is perfectly normal but then you found a way to visualize yourself as a very perfect and beyond that a “majestic” being.

We can, as healers, succumb to self glorification if not diligent but whom She prepares for the mission takes only glory in the healing of others after we are made whole. Look at the incredible storehouse that you now have within!!! How totally COOL! Now that can be shared with many others which is what is already happening.

When this is all accomplished, whenever that age may be, all of us will carry the lanterns and then there will be no more need to be housed in these shells of flesh as we will all be one. No more individualization but we all return to where we came from, home. Home, of course is perceptual but every soul desires to enter back into comfort and eternal peace. If I don't know much else, that I do know.

Stay the course Sis and we will see each other more clearly as the months pass and eventually we will see everybody as inseparable with us and we with them.

As always, my love to you, dave

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Thank you, Dave. You are too humble, though. Not everyone has the patience to deal with someone who's lost in the world, and not everyone has the insight to hold up the mirror in the first place. I will be forever grateful to you for that. You are among the few spiritual friends I had who could see what I really needed to start my healing process.

Divorce is certainly a difficult experience to get through. But if I can do it, anyone can. I will continue to share my experiences here if I believe they will be of some help to someone who needs it.

Yearning for home has been my biggest problem throughout my journey, and I had such a hard time during most of my life trying to figure out what was missing. Now I understand, and now I try to go with the flow.

Blessed Be.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Deb, Listen to the depth of your words; "Yearning for home has been my biggest problem throughout my journey, and I had such a hard time during most of my life trying to figure out what was missing. Now I understand, and now I try to go with the flow."

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going with the flow is home. As we let go more and more we soon find that we have fewer and fewer opinions, reactions,emotions, and stumbling blocks. We "go away" and see in fullness that we are indeed gone and in fact, really never were. It was our parents and their desire for procreation that we were brought about into the world.

As we let go of this visible we start seeing the invisible and then see that we ourselves are invisible, in fact in our consciousness we leave here and go home. Then we are not only gone from here and the visible, we then realize that we become all that is and all that ever was, invisible and visible.

Soon we see that there is no more dave, no more Deb, no more separate beings that cloud a perfection that was originally ours
and that we are reentering.

In that place we can readily see the condition of others and drop the diverse yet ultimately necessary seeds of life in their path for their restoration.

I hope that this makes sense.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I get what you're saying, Dave. In addition, going with the flow to me means to allow experiences, emotions, thoughts, etc. to flow through you and then out of you. Especially in bad times, embracing what is happening and allowing yourself to feel, then to allow it all to flow out is essential for letting go and moving on.

Going with the flow also means to not fight against what is. Certainly change what you can in life if it is for the better, but some things and some situations you can't change. For these things I have learned it is better to stop fighting what is. Once I started doing that, surrendering, I felt an inner peace. You have to remember that you are on the path that is yours, so whatever is going on has a reason, a value, and/or a lesson. We may not always like it, but that is how it is. Going with the flow has become easier for me than the alternative, and for right now, limiting my stress is important to me for my overall function.

Thanks again for your post, Dave!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.