logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#759338 04/25/12 04:48 PM
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Mitt Romney won 5 more primaries and will be the Republican nominee. The convention will be held in Tampa Bay, Florida, August 27-30. The greatest generation had Ronald Reagan. We have Mitt Romney. He is Reagan's successor and will be out next 8 year president. I like coming to the Waffle House to think and write. Words flow here. I took a nap earlier. When I awoke, it was starting to get dark, and I felt boxed in. I felt a tinge of depression like I had in my college years. I had to get out. It was back to the library and the Internet. The Internet seemed like a good idea 15 years ago. I have used it to promote my songs. Of course, money is everything, and my experiences with both music and the Internet have done nothing but suck money out of me. It is virtually impossible to get a song out in Nashville and even if you do, it is a temporary high that leaves you wanting more. There is no satisfaction. Joe DiMaggio once said he could go 4 for 5 and be upset that he did not get 5 hits. Music is the same way. It is about ego and greed, some kind of perverted desire to be great as we defined greatness in our youth. There are 2 airhead bitches behind me yakking away. I swear, this is the dumbest generation of young people in American history. They grew up with MTV, and that fact is evident every time they open their mouths. They have little or no knowledge about anything and do not seem to care. They are a pierced, tattooed generation of dog worshipers. I still miss my parents (and always will) and have moments when I feel overwhelmed by the finality of death. I have to keep myself entertained. I still mean to go to Bolivia in South America in July if I can do it. There will be a star party at Lake Titicaca in the Andes Mountains. I saw the stars and constellations of the Southern Hemisphere in Australia in 2002. If I see them in Bolivia, it will surely be the last time. That trip will put me on 4 continents: North America, South America, Europe and Australia. I find the idea of being a world traveler appealing. Had I stayed out of music, I might have been one, an Indiana Jones-type character having affairs with beautiful women in every country. I think of Ricky Nelson's song, "Travelin' Man." He had a sweet fraulein in Berlin and a China doll in Hong Kong. He had a polynesian baby, an Eskimo and a pretty seniorita in Mexico. That would be nice! But I never see the word "Eskimo" anymore. I think they call them Inuits now. So many things are called by different names now from what they were called in the 1950s. Our language is in flux. Look how the English language has changed since Shakespeare wrote his plays. Some buffoon is laughing like a hyena. I have noticed that people laugh a lot when they sit down over a meal. They do not consider the poor slobs who worked their butts off to set those meals in front of them. Laughing Man is on his way out and still roaring. Obnoxious! I wonder how his wife stands it. My coffee is getting low, and it looks like it will be my last cup. I will head back to the mothership. They talk about the "mothership" on Coast to Coast, and I think it is cool. I have learned to say "cool." And I have learned to tweet. So up-to-the-moment! Coast to Coast got me away from those fanatical preachers. The best shows are the ones that are truly scientific, those that delve into astronomy. Seth Shostak, an astronomer with SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence), made an interesting guest. Shostak is with SETI but does not believe the earth has been visited by extraterrestrials. I am in agreement. I saw Venus and the crescent moon on my way out here. A pretty pair! There will be a transit of Venus on June 5. Venus will pass in front of the sun as it goes from the evening sky into the morning sky.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Times sure have changed, and I am not convinced that it is for the better.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.