logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#724337 11/08/11 07:34 PM
OP Offline
I apologize that I haven't been close by the last two days, I have been somewhat under the weather but I'm up and at it again. I have a question that I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with.

I have an adult child who struggles with Bipolar Disorder. As a parent I do everything I can to help her. My background in mental health and years of counseling have not been much help for me. I suppose it's because I'm her mother.

I need input from someone who is not related and who may have been dealing with the same issues.

How do you work through the family challenges with this disease and what advice would you give a parent who's child is an adult dealing with this issue.

Working with adolescents is much different for a parent to deal with as opposed to it being an adult who has already been independent, had a family and then having been disabled due to the severity of the disorder.

I look forward to your response.

Sherryl Craig
Philosophy
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Sherryl - Philosophy
I apologize that I haven't been close by the last two days, I have been somewhat under the weather but I'm up and at it again. I have a question that I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with.

I have an adult child who struggles with Bipolar Disorder. As a parent I do everything I can to help her. My background in mental health and years of counseling have not been much help for me. I suppose it's because I'm her mother.

I need input from someone who is not related and who may have been dealing with the same issues.

How do you work through the family challenges with this disease and what advice would you give a parent who's child is an adult dealing with this issue.

Working with adolescents is much different for a parent to deal with as opposed to it being an adult who has already been independent, had a family and then having been disabled due to the severity of the disorder.

Oh Blessed Sherryl, I am that adult child who was independent.. and had no where to go because of the fire and the desolation.. my parents are no longer with me, my physical brothers have become the most vile of enemies. I was not able to find a compatible mate until I was 39 - I'm about to turn 50 in a week.

You must, you must I beg and plead for your own sanity -- you must go through this entire video series over and over again until it is thoroughly in your bones, then I will answer to the best of my ability any questions you may have:

youtube.com/user/bipolarorwakingup?feature=mhee

Please Reply.

Sincerely,
Burt B.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Sherryl:

The previous video was just the intro.

There are currently 20 videos.. please watch them in order..

#1-#12 link:

youtube.com/user/bipolarorwakingup#grid/user/C41AE6B1DB0C0EA0

#13-#20 link: < it says that there are 22 I asked Sean about it -- he'll get back with me -- in the meantime you got a lot of viewing to do >

I'm not associated with Sean commercially. I'm a veteran of this bi-polar business since I was 16 yrs in 1977 !!
And, I can prove it.
I just absorb Sean's materials and use them to heal myself.

youtube.com/user/bipolarorwakingup#grid/user/51814D4C1329C549

-- Burt B.

Last edited by Burt B.; 11/08/11 08:36 PM.
OP Offline
Burt, thank you so much. I want to help my daughter but I sometimes feel that because I was a mental health counselor and due to my work experience both of us cannot communicate due to trust and fears. Fears like are we doing this right, are we answering the questions right and are we really listening?

Thank you again. I start the video's first thing tomorrow.

Blessings my friend.

Sherryl Craig
Philosophy
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Burt, thank you so much. I want to help my daughter but I sometimes feel that because I was a mental health counselor and due to my work experience both of us cannot communicate due to trust and fears. Fears like are we doing this right, are we answering the questions right and are we really listening?

Thank you again. I start the video's first thing tomorrow.

Blessings my friend.

It's a helluva roller coaster ride !

Please feel free to submit your comments, questions and observations -- it's lot of material to cover.. give it sometime to sink in..

Blessings and Hope,

Burt B.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.