Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
My husband came home with some dire news this afternoon. One of his co-workers lives just a few miles north of the Cherokee of Georgia Tribal Grounds. She can see the glow of the Swamp fires from her home as the sun sets. The fires are getting closer, and her family is already prepared to evacuate.

We're heading to the Tribal Grounds tomorrow. Not sure if they'll be having the monthly meeting, or if we'll be building fire breaks. I'm taking my work clothes, face mask, and potato salad, just in case. At any Tribal gathering, there is always plenty of food!

A common phrase among American Indians is "I'm sending smoke and prayers." This refers to the smoke from sage, cedar, sweetgrass and/or tobacco, the sacred herbs. Their smoke carries our prayers up to the Creator.

The wind shifted this afternoon and we have plenty of smoke. We could certainly use some prayers to be carried up with it. Please keep the Cherokee of Georgia in your thoughts and prayers.

I was taught that things generally come in threes, both bad and good. Within one month here in the Southeast, we've had devastating tornados, expanding fires, and now floods along the Mississippi. Once we get through these, I'm hopefull we'll be done with disasters for a while.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I have sage, cedar, and tobacco. I am sending smoke and prayers.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
As long as you keep the smoke rising up from there, I'm eternally grateful for the prayers!

We use fans before turning on the air conditioners in June. They've pulled the smoke into our house. It smells like I'm typing from the midst of a burning pile of leaves! The fires have never come this close before. I'll admit to being very worried.

It's such an irony. 300 miles or so west of us, it's WAY TOO MUCH water. Here, as in Texas, we could use every drop.

Last edited by Jane - Native American; 05/13/11 11:36 PM.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
The smoke from the sacred herbs rose up high, circled and rose higher to the East.

You and your people are in my prayers.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Sia Rain Song

Let the white floating clouds - the clouds like the plains - the lightning, thunder, rainbow, and cloud peoples, water the Earth. Let the people of the white floating clouds,- the people of the clouds like the plains - the lightning, thunder, rain bow, and cloud peoples -come and work for us, and water the Earth.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Thank you Phyllis. I'll be taking that with me tomorrow.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I'm sending prayers and an offering of directive light energy for elemental intervention, is what I call it.

It's impressive you have the face mask. Not everyone would be that prepared. You are deffinately one of those people who make an impact. What a blessing you're close enough to practice everything you've been offering our readers in what to do in case of an emergency.

Thank you for keeping us updated!

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Thank you Elleise! We're about to head out and I'll keep everyone posted on the fire's containment.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hang in there! Hope you get some dousing rains, soon!

Cheryll Schuette
Bahá'í Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Thank you EVERYONE for your prayers, they were answered TODAY!
We left for the Tribal Grounds at noon. There was a thin strip of rain on the radar and we were thinking any little bit would help. The chance of rain was only 40% today.

We didn't get 12 miles down the road before the temperature dropped at least 10 degrees. It started raining and didn't stop until around 5pm. We drove through gale force winds, hail, and blinding rain and were so thankful.

We went prepared for cutting fire breaks, but needed umbrellas and rain gear. A Tribal member told us it rained on the northern edge of the swamp for several hours this morning.

That thin strip of severe weather was followed by several hours of gentle rain with good cloud cover for it to soak in. It must have been pretty windy at our house too. The daycare down the street lost a tree. We didn't have any damage in our yard, and most importantly, the hawk nest doesn't appear to be damaged either.

It's so good the Thunderbeings don't watch the weather forecast. They got together this afternoon and worked for us, just as asked for in the prayer Phyllis shared with us.

Last edited by Jane - Native American; 05/14/11 08:00 PM.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.