logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#350458 10/27/07 07:17 PM
T
T
I am an african american female and I purchased a bottle of loreal preference and it came with no instructions before i take it back do i absolutely need a developer or booster does my hair need to be wet prior to applying the color. My hair is already colored

Sponsored Post Advertisement
tpom #350461 10/27/07 07:42 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
You definately need some kind of developer for hair color to work. If you are going darker and don't have gray to cover, the developer can be low volume.

tpom #350462 10/27/07 07:43 PM
Koala
Koala
oh I posted the instructions in the other thread...but I am not sure if you would do something different with your hair... I am white with blond hair so I always go darker in color... your hair is dark? so you want to go lighter? yes? you may have to lighten your hair with something before you can change colors

freespirit #432427 07/03/08 03:13 AM
I have light brown skin with dark brown deep set of eyes. I am planning on colouring my hair but i want my skin to look nice tan not light you know what i mean. What colour should i dye my hair. I dont want to go too light that makes me look very light. plz tell me colour...thk.. smile

#433317 07/06/08 04:09 PM
S
S
I have chemically treated hair that is very fine and brittle. I need a good moisture shampoo that won't weigh my hair down. Any suggestions? I've tried Joico's Moisture Recovery but I think it made it hard. frown

A
A
"Soy hydrating shampoo" it's a good shampoo. It's certified organic. you could find it on outletnutrition.com website

Treat me good especially when I�m misbehaving; because that's when I need you the most.
Dubois #435110 07/13/08 12:19 PM
G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Greetings Dubois, sorry it has taken me awhile to get back to you. I am new and trying to catch up on all the conversations going on here.

My first question would be what color is your hair now compared to your skin and eye color? Sometimes just a highlight of your own natural color can be the way to go instead of changing the color totally.

To answer your question above though, if you don't have one yet would be: go to a beauty shop where they sale wigs. Try a few on in different colors and see how they look. Now if you find one you like the color on you, then ask the associate if she could help you find that color in what ever brand it is you want to use.

I hope this helps some. Let me know okay.

Good luck

G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Hello So Ladylike, good to meet you.

I was just reading your post. Because I am not familiar with you, could you explain to me what kind of hair you have? Is it black hair or something else. We all have different hair types. It helps to know what we are dealing with in order to help you correctly.

Are you still watching this post? I hope so because I would really like to help you with some suggestions. You can also go to the site and look under the product reviews. I have an article on the hair care line I think works great for any type of hair and also one that is great for African-American and the sort.

Also, Avon has great salon quality hair care products that are designed to work on the most difficult of hair to the most sensitive and everything in between.

I enjoy using their hair care products because I have senstive skin and scalp.

I hope I have helped you some. I look to hear from you soon.

In the mean time take a browse at the avon products and see what you think.

Don't forget to go to the Ethnic Beauty site and check the product review.

Check it out at:
www.youravon.com/gdooley

#435150 07/13/08 04:17 PM
G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Hello and Welcome to the Hair care section of the forum. I hope you found your way around our site okay? Thank you for coming.

This topic is for hair care. All the different needs, wants and issues you may have. We are here for your concerns and questions as well. We are a varied people and our hair reflects that about all of us.

So here is where the conversation starts. Let's talk about hair, the good and the bad of it. How do we protect our hair from the environment? What kind of damage can the uv rays of the sun do to our hair?

Everything form shampooing and condition to thinning and coloring. We will also discuss age appropriate hair styles for the different phases of life we all go through. The long and the short of it as well as everything in between.

So feel free to post your questions, concerns and comments.

I look forward to hearing what you all have to say.

W
W
Edited by management for TOS violations

Last edited by Jeanne Daigle; 12/17/08 02:29 PM.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Juliette - Ethnic Beauty 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.