Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
Last night I watched A Nightmare on Elm Street, the remake and it got me thinking about which one might be better. The original or the remake. I honestly couldn't decide, both are great. The original is scary and I don't think the remake lost any of that fear factor.

Which one do you prefer? Did Robert Englund or Jackie Earle Haley play Freddy Krueger better?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I am a sucker for the original because, well, it was the original...Robert Englund Is the man who made Freddy the stuff of nightmares...not saying the remake isn't great, but, I'd have to go with the original.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I can't believe someone actually posted this as a question LOL - the re-make was terrible. Haley looked like a Chinese man stuck in a hurricane where as Englund looked terrifying.

If you read my piece on the re-make you'll see how many plot holes are in it and how sexist it is.

In the original Nancy did everything on her own - one of the only strong women in horror, in the re-make all she does is call her boyfriend to save someone.

Literally, I can't believe the question girls. Did you really think the re-make was good?

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I thought the remake wasn't bad considering how bad some remakes can be but I'll always be a sucker for the original. I remember as a kid being scared to death while watching it.

Robert Englund played his part so well.

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Originally Posted By: Maria - Prime Time TV
I thought the remake wasn't bad considering how bad some remakes can be but I'll always be a sucker for the original. I remember as a kid being scared to death while watching it.

Robert Englund played his part so well.

Agreed...all I have to say is "Friday the thirteenth remake"

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A Nightmare On Elm Street Re-Make Review

Here's my review of it - I think it'd be interesting for you gals to take a look just to see how primarily sexist it is to the original. The producer basically just wants to make money as well, Wes Craven who wrote and directed the original asked that it not be re-made, but then it was anyway. It's kind of like The Omen - the acting isn't bad, but we've literally seen it all before - some scenes were practically shot for shot. I was dissapointed it was re-made, I'm not going to pretend I wasn't.
But for the makers of the film to be doing it purely for monetry gain and no artistic merit - I think that's disgusting - but the plot holes in it are even worse LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Friday the thirteenth was terrible, but at least it didn't pretend to be an intelligent horror - it was just plain rubbish LOL

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Steven,

I read your review and it was spot on. It makes me want to go back and watch the remake again just so I can see all of the gaps that you saw! Lol

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Thanks Maria,

It's a bit annoying after you've studied media - you literally see all the mistakes - but its fun too when you see a well made movie, and also spotting the mistakes lol smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
T
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
T
Great review, Steven. It's funny, I never noticed the points you brought up but I can see what you mean about certain comments. Like Maria, I want to sit down and watch it again.

Last edited by Clare - Greek Food; 10/31/12 10:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.