Two marines were onstage at BuckWild Saloon in Nashville. They had just returned from Baghdad. There was posturing and raising of shot glasses and the "Thank you for your service" that has become cliche. Later, I asked one of the marines what it was like in Baghdad. He asked, "Do you want to know the truth?" I said, "Yes." He said it is a nightmare. He said he saw his best friend killed, his body nearly cut in half. I put my arm around the young marine (not much more than a kid) and told him that if I were president, I would "bring all you guys home tomorrow. I would bring you home to your girl friends." He said, "That's what we want to here!"

The war is over! It ended the day the Navy Seals got Bin Laden. It was "Bin Laden -- Wanted Dead Or Alive!" Remember? Bin Laden was the root cause of 9/11, at least from the perspective of that horrific event. No use getting into George Wmd Bush and any familial pressure to retaliate against Saddam for Saddam's plot against Bush Sr. All wars end, and this one is over! There is nothing in Afghanistan! There is nothing in Iraq! Let's bring these kids home and put the artificial limbs industry out of business.