Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#671705 03/21/11 12:42 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Does any one have any new techniques on how to clean jewelry without tarnishing it and keeping its plating vibrant? Please every one with any sort of technique post!!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I like to soak jewelry in club soda to make it sparkle. Just make sure that you don't leave it and get it poured down the sink!!

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

I
OP Offline
I
Thank You for that post! I recently bought Jewelry and I wrote to them asking how to clean the merchandise. They recently responded with an amazing technique, take a little bit of baking soda, mix it with a little water and then just rub with your fingers. Then rinse it off and dry with a white paper towel. Worked wonders on my necklace and earrings.

Last edited by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames; 10/10/12 02:41 PM.
P
Amoeba
Amoeba
P
If you have a dirty ring or jewellery including gold, soak overnight in the soft drink 7up or Coca Cola - but 7up is the best. It will come out sparkling. Leave longer and change liquid if very dirty. You will be amazed at the result, and it is safe. Use toothpaste and a toothbrush. Works better than jewelry cleaner!. The safest way to clean your gold or silver jewelry is with and sonic jewelry cleaner. The old toothpaste and toothbrush trick is much too abrasive for both gold and silver. It also helps to use the tarnish free cloth bags for storage or to use the strips of paper that reduce tarnish in your storage areas.. Soak your jewelry in effervescent tablets used to soak dentures in!! The jewelry gets clean & sparkles!!. I find the vinegar method works the most my mum does metal detecting and found a ring she soaked it in vinegar and the next day it was sparkling !!!!!! What i tend to do with most of my gold and silver jewelery is to get soft toilet tissue and put your jewelry into it whilst adding, Imperial Leather talc on powder, do this before you go bed about twice a week. (remember to leave it in over night) The best way I find is to soak gold jewellery in boiling water with a little shampoo for about 10 minutes. Then scrub very gently with a soft toothbrush, rinse with cold water and leave to dry on a piece of kitchen towell or toilet paper. I have been doing this for years and my jewellery is sparkling.

A
A
The safest way to clean your gold or silver jewelry and acoustic and clean. The old tricks are too abrasive toothpaste and toothbrush gold and silver. It also helps to discredit the freedom to use stored or used with a paper bag to reduce the damage in storage ..

Last edited by andyystrauss; 03/25/11 06:09 PM.
You can use baking soda for cleaning your silver jewelry. The method, being very easy, can be conducted at home. First of all you need to have a big container with an aluminum foil plate in it and fill the vessel with hot water and add one forth of a cup of baking soda to it. Start dipping all your jewelry one back one into this solution and leave them for ten minutes before taking them out and washing.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I have an actual jewelry cleaning solution I use, I don't think it cost much at all. Personally, I'd be nervous about rubbing an abrasive like toothpaste or baking soda on my items.

Even dipping into it, that would seem to leave a film on the item afterwards ...?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
J
J
Hi friends, I hope this method is useful for you. Soak for 15 minutes in a solution of two cups warm water and a few drops of a mild dish washing liquid, like Joy. Gently scrub with a soft-bristle toothbrush. Rinse with warm water, and dry with a soft cloth.

[quote=Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]I like to soak jewelry in club soda to make it sparkle. Just make sure that you don't leave it and get it poured down the sink!! [/quote] Can we use this method for any kind of jewelry? like as amber,silver or gold?

E
Ery Offline
E
Caring for silver and gold jewelry. Silver or gold are made in a way that is less true in the mixing process will easily dull levels, sometimes to black discolored, scratched and dented.Scratches and dents are user negligence if this is the case be careful with your valuables.Causes easily dent or scratch could be due to high levels of silver or gold that is rather soft. Being dull or black instead of silver or gold levels may be low so it's easy oxidation or react with other substances. Usually the hardest cause is salt and sulfur, this means sea water and maybe a hot bath in natural sulfur. Or more often than not is actually a mixture of materials that rises to the surface. It's kind of natural law that light would rise to the top. This happened just as solid but a bit long. Usually when a gold ring ever cut to be diminished in size it would appear the line cut. It stained the surface.Actually it was stained red line. Patri is made by lowering the gold content types so that the weight is down and lighter than the density of gold that would soldered. Because the law would light above the line so it appears the actual piece is stained color.Maybe you are wondering what this is fair? Yes. But if it means the process will occur probably decades. Because the molecules are bound properly. The general problem of gold and silver jewelry due to: Gold and silver are so dull. Sweat contains salt you might be a little too fast, especially silver becomes dull and even black. The solution does not exist apart frequently perform maintenance of silver jewelry. While gold is rather difficult to be dull, but after a long time will dull too. Quickly becomes dull or black. Caused by a mix of a less than perfect time of making jewelry is usually done hand or 'hand made' hard to treat because it would quickly black again. Dull or black when not in use. Usually stored for long periods in wooden cabinets. Varnish and wood finishing less than perfect can make dull quickly is because silver and black to oxidation by wood finishing materials. Dull also be caused by bathing in sea water containing salt or sulfur. Silver and gold are the salt and sulfur oxidation. Dull and black can also be due to storage in your bag or something made of leather. Work genuine leather typically use materials associated with sulfur or amoniac. Or maybe you use silver leather necklace. Not all skin causing skin was black when the job is done correctly. So leather goods is suspect as the cause of gold or silver black. Gold changes color to red too. This is because copper compounds that have emerged out of the surface. It's a law of nature that the light is always on top. The reason is because the mixture of levels could be incorrect. But if from the beginning, this is a reddish color called rose gold. Red appears uneven. This problem is called cloud or fire skill. This happens because there is a process of soldering in the red area that appears. This is one of the stained mixture is copper surface. How to treat it right: Use a cloth and abrasive materials such as autosol which are sold in supermarkets or often at a motorcycle repair shop. Wipe using a soft and nice of former cotton shirt or cotton that has been frequently washed. Cotton can also be rather difficult, but rubbed. Store in cloth bag before entering the cabinet or leather bag. If there is silica gel which is easily available in supermarkets are also very good. Another place that is safe is a box of paper, plastic and metal. If you have gold or silver too scratch and you do not mind a little shrinkage (same goldsmith was serviced to shrinkage) use sandpaper no. 1000 when it's fine to use fine sandpaper No. 2000 to be an occasional dip in the water. If it is soft enough to wear alone autosol had made cling again. If not cling amplasan means less. This is called polishing. This method could not be performed for items that plated because plating layer lost cause. Opaque gem. Actually opaque gems can also be scrubbed with the above, but take longer depending on the level and type of pearl buramnya. If diamonds do not try because of this jewel in the world's harshest. Very special, so expensive. Actually, in ways similar to sublimate gem polishing process is metallic items or sandpaper and rub like the above. How to care for a wrong: Often seen people boil gold or silver. This method is actually for those who already know. Because there are types of gems that are not strong with the hot temperatures that cause the color to fade even gems. No longer cling. Boil using aluminum pans may cause a black dye or called oxid are usually used instead accidentally lost. But if you really want to eliminate the black drug can be added a little salt then dye black on silver will be lost. The reaction of aluminum salts and binding oxidation. Boil using acid do if there is a gem. Abrassive acid is a substance that can cause gloss coating becomes opaque gems. Mainly occurs in soft gems like Amber. Can also lead to inclusion (such particles are in the gems may be discolored). Usually when imitation he will quickly change color.These methods are very common. Do not use for white gold and diamonds. Also for the gold plating as gilding can be lost. Better to ask the way to clean your jewelry to the place of purchase for greater security. source : internet

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.