Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
Here is the thread to discuss Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft. Please ask questions as you read or talk about what you are reading that interests you.

I would also like to remind anyone who is new to Wicca or haven't read this particular book that this book is generally about the Gardnerian tradition of Wicca. Many traditions use this book as part of their ciriculum for 1st degree but not all traditions follow every single thing presented in this book.

Blessed be and let the fun begin!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
I opened my book to start reading and I have an addition from 1996! I hope much hasn't changed lol

R
R
Hi Leslie MIne is an old copy too. I'm sure it will be pretty much the same - after all it is based on ancient traditions! Great idea this by the way!

L
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
Ok here are some questions to get the ball rolling. Please feel free to ask your own questions and post your answers here!!

1. Was there anything in this chapter that surprised you?

2. In the first chapter, we read how the Gods and humans evolved together as the world and societies changed. Do you think the same thing happens today? Are our beliefs an practices outdated like some of other religions?

3. What drew you to Wicca and Paganism?

4. Exam question #2 at the end of the chapter: Which denomination of Witchcraft do you think you would like to practice or which one do you currently practice?

S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
It has been too many years since I read this book to fully participate but I can answer a few of these Questions. 2. Are are beliefs and practices outdated? I don't believe so if anything Wicca is one of those few faiths that can accept and thrive on scientific facts and is adaptable enough to keep pace with an ever evolving society. A prim example of this is the existence of this very forum. 3. What drew me to paganism? Well a large selection on mythology at the public library and a mostly religion free home was step one. Step two was when a friend of mine in high school showed me a book she was reading (Scott Cunningham: A Guide for the solitary practitioner) and asked if I wanted to meet her hippy parents. Step three our town got a pagan store the same year, funny how things like that happen. Like so many have said before "it just felt right". 4. What denomination do I follow. My path is Greco-Gaelic.

Hi Leslie, Have we moved on to Lesson 2 yet? I've been pretty busy, but plan to do some reading this evening. I'm looking forward to reading more of what others have to say. How do I view replies to my post(s)? Or will they automatically show up in the thread? I'm pretty new at this forum stuff, and admittedly, a bit confused on how to read everyones posts, replies, etc. Thanks! Robin (RhobbinOMirth

Sulverna, I love your thoughts on this and agree so much, especially about the timing of things. I've always believed that "Everything Happens For A Reason" and I was "led" into Wicca/Paganism by "coincidences" also-I truly don't believe much in coincidences, as it seems certain that such occurrences have or come from a deeper source-Spiritual Guides of some sort, whether we realize it, believe yet, or not. Anyone else's thoughts on this subject of timing/coincidence vs. Destiny/Fate or Spirit Guides??

M
M
I love reading and studying Bucklands book it has helped me a lot to understand some things....I am new here is this for those interested in participating on what they have studied in this book?Am thinking when I finish my last chapter I may reread this book all over again...

C
C
When I first picked up and opened the book (1990 edition) I got the shock of my life when i turned to the page on binding for initiation! I am enjoying revisiting this book! Im a solitary :)

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.