Next Thread
Print Thread
#571142 12/17/09 11:13 AM
S
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
S
So has any one else seen that in the newer Scooby-Doo animated movies and Simpsons episodes Wicca is "explained". In Scooby-Doo there is a goth rock band comprised of three women that claim to be Wiccan, this band is in at least two of these movies. This trio's version is comparable to the movie "The Craft" Simpsons on the other hand has decided to make Lisa a Wiccan and for the most part I have yet to see anything offensive from the show. If any thing christanity takes quiet a beating.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Sulverna - My kids and I happened to watch that episode of Scooby Doo on Netflicks a few weeks ago. I can't remember the exact name of it but I know Witch was in the title. At first I was like "oh brother, here we go." But I was pleasantly surprised by it. I hadn't heard Lisa Simpson is Wiccan but then again I don't allow my kids to watch that show. There used to be a Druid website years ago that detailed the similiarities between the Smurfs and Druidism. I will have to go try to find it now. I think it is great that we are getting little hints of exposure in cartoons. I think it helps children being raised Wiccan or Pagan to feel like their religion is being accepted a little by the media.

On a side note, I see you are in Ohio. I am in Cincinnati!

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Here is the link for Druid Smurf. The background is a little hard on the eyes though.

Druid Smurf

S
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
S
Ok the band is called Hex Girls and they appearer first appear in "The witches Ghost" and then make a second appearance as one of the bands in music competition in "The legend of the Vampire" The Simpsons episode is called "Rednecks and Broomsticks" To Leslie - Columbus

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.