I seem to dream about parakeets being in trouble when I'm worried about something. I have 3 parakeets and spend less time with them when I'm busy so I think they become a thermometer for me of how things are going in my life.

This dream began with me going into some sort of 'teleporter' to go to a special "80s museum". It zapped me and 2 other people to the museum. When we first got there we were in a plain grey room and we were having trouble walking and speaking. I thought it was odd, but thought it was a way to get you into the frame of mind to appreciate the objects.

Then we walked through a doorway and saw the museum. It actually had all sorts of older things, old wooden furniture and metal items that seemed more like from the 1800s. There was a display that showed four different items (a wood dresser, a painting and 2 other things) and showed how they all only cost $100 back then.

I saw a cage with 3 parakeets in it that looked exactly like mine. I was thrilled and opened it up, and all 3 were hand-trained. I took them out and talked to one of the guides there about the parakeets. There was a white sink in a central area and I said I wanted to show the guide something. I took the parakeets over to it but it was full to the brim with water. So I started to drain out the water so there'd be just a little amount to have them splash in. The guide said he'd never heard of parakeets taking a bath.

When it was low I put the parakeets in and they loved it. I talked with the guide about how much the parakeets love taking a bath and then looked back at the water and it was full again! The poor parakeets were under water. I pulled them out and they didn't sputter but they seemed very lethargic. I said I needed something for them to rest in and he got a tiny dish that they could hardly fit in.

I took all 3 to go look for somthing better; they still seemed ill. As I was carrying them across the room a rowdy party of people got me into their mix. I worried about the parakeets and after I got out of the group I looked for them - but there were beads and such all over the floor and I couldn't find them. The guide was upset and said he found their bodies, but they didn't look like parakeet bodies to me. I then found the parakeets, alive and OK, in a nearby tree and was quite relieved.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum