I really didn't think these orange alerts were bothering me at all - I work from home and just check cnn.com in the morning for a quick check of the world. I don't watch the news broadcasts or think about it a lot.

But a few days ago I had a really long, vivid dream that I was in a nearby city which now had big skyscrapers. I was in a subway with some friends and a rocket landed near us with a big blast as it hit. Then the subway train we were on (it was above ground) was hit and the back part of it blew up. We ran out of the train and saw a big mushroom cloud not far off, and then saw that paratroopers were landing.

We began running through the streets, and "good guy" soldiers were there and shooting back at the bad guys. It was hard to tell sometimes who was on "our side" and who the enemy was. I called my boyfriend on the cellphone and he offered to come out, but traffic was a disaster everywhere and I knew he'd never get in to me. I told him I'd try to get out to a safer area and he could meet me there.

It was an incredibly long, incredibly detailed dream, with all of the fighting, running, hiding just going on and on. Is anyone else having dreams like this?

Lisa, Birding Enthusiast