I
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I
Hey everyone!
Check out the latest article on the CE site -

Zimbabweans March to Demand Mugabe's Downfall
Zimbabweans took to the streets of Harare on Saturday, November 18, 2017,as they danced and stomped on the streets, marching towards President Mugabe’s home to send their message across. Is this the end to President Mugabe's rule?

Last edited by Ije - Literary Fiction/CE Editor; 11/27/17 12:55 PM.

Ije Yvonne, Editor
Literary Fiction
Current Events
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
There was quite a festive atmosphere outside the Zimbabwean embassy in London on Saturday. I happened to go past it on my way to the theatre. When I came back it was drizzling, but the atmosphere was still festive.

A number of years ago one of my colleagues was Zimbabwean. She reported how she had seen the way things had further deteriorated at every visit to her parents. At some point she applied for a British passport and surrendered her Zimbabwean one. (Mugabe had done away with dual nationality.) Her husband was British and her sons were British by birth in Britain. She feared that one day she would go to see her parents and, as a Zimbabwean, wouldn't be allowed to leave the country again.

I
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I
Hi Mona, that’s right, the state of affairs in Zimbabwe has been very poor for years, to put it mildly... it wouldn't have been surprising if your former co-worker had gone back and wouldn't have been allowed to leave again. My sister-in-law is Zimbabwean though and she’s been able to visit home a time or two since she came abroad.

Zimbabwe is a beautiful country with really optimistic people, however – just like it is with several other African countries (including mine) - corruption of power prevents it from moving forward and catching up. Hopefully these recent bold moves will, in someway, mark the beginning of a new era for the country.

Last edited by Ije - Literary Fiction/CE Editor; 11/20/17 05:00 PM.

Ije Yvonne, Editor
Literary Fiction
Current Events

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.