Print Thread
#916530 12/23/16 08:40 PM
A
Angie Offline OP
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
Chimpanzee
A
My news year's resolution will be to walk. I'm not one to sign up and go to the gym; I just don't want to have to drive some somewhere to work out. Over the years I have walked but for some reason, last year I found lots to do and talked myself out of walking. I just didn't make the time. But, I am out of shape so I need to resolve to get out and do some walking no matter what the weather is or what excuses I can dream up not to walk.

I purchased a pedometer. It's pretty cool and probably more than I will ever figure out how to use but at least it counts my steps. It is not a fit-bit. Our weather here in Central Virginia fluctuates from the 20s one day to 60 the next. So, as we said in Girl Scouts years ago, dress like an onion. It will be easy to bundle up and go outside and walk and peel away a layer of clothes and tie the jacket around my waist as I walk if I get too warm.

One nice thing about walking in the neighborhood, I have the opportunity to see my neighbors. On the return trip, I can stop at a friend's house and visit if they are outside or knock on the door and say hello. If I am not comfortable making an unplanned stop, I can call and arrange a visit before my walk. What a wonderful opportunity to visit an older neighbor who doesn't get out much anymore.

Well, I have talked myself into walking. I’ll check my shoes and walking attire for the weather and get myself moving.

This is one resolution I need to keep.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Angie,

While I've been a self-imposed walking enthusiast for years, this year my town acquired a grant from the Walk With Ease Program from the Arthritis Foundation, and I have been walking now three days per week 1 mile or more each time since spring and we will continue this group program through October. How fabulous is that?

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Angie Offline OP
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
Chimpanzee
A
Walking the dog a mile at a time is good too.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
angie,

We are getting fit and having fun!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Angie Offline OP
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
Chimpanzee
A
I have a torn meniscus as a result of the fall last January. Walking has not been an easy task. Today, however, I did walk two block away from the house and back with the dog. That was an accomplishment.

A
Angie Offline OP
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
Chimpanzee
A
After two knee replacements and a year of recouperation, I'm can handle a mile in 20 minutes. The replacements were a result of the fall (over the dog I was walking in the previous post.) So much has happened since 2018. In the summer I'm doing water aerobics 3 days a week.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.