#922347 08/09/17 02:02 PM
C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Online Content
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
The splendor that is autumn is soon upon us; a change of seasons is inevitable. Now is a great time to sew with fabrics the shades of nature's timeless colors of fall – assortments of reds, golds, oranges, browns, and tans - all nearly invite us to our sewing workspaces.

Sewing Projects for Fall

Cheryl Ellex
Sewing Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
It reminds me to start on Christmas projects, so my first item was to make a Christmas dress for one of my granddaughter's 18 inch American Girl dolls. It has an emerald green satin gathered skirt with red satin ribbon trim near the hem. The top is a separate dark green velour vest that I embroidered with flowers. I took my inspiration from the Disney movie Frozen. Here is a photo and my pattern:

Frozen Anna dress pattern

smile

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Online Content
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
I love the green Christmas outfit you made! As a little girl, The American Girl doll was always my dream doll, but decidely out of reach for me. I love to sew doll clothes and soft body dolls (mostly long ear bunnies and huggable bears) and make period costumes for them. Years ago I was enchanted with the novel Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak and so made my soft doll bunny version of the character Lara. Then I felt she needed a companion and made a Victorian bunny. Sigh - this is the kind of sewing I love to do now. You can see the bunnies as the first photo in my photo album at my Facebook Fan page (still a work in progress.) I named the page: Sewing - Textile Arts.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/sewingandstitching/photos

Cheryl Ellex
Sewing Editor

Moderated by  Cheryl - Sewing Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.