#715702 09/23/11 11:25 AM
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Do you listen to music at work? Experts often present conflicting data on whether or not listening to music has a positive or negative affect on productivity.

Some researcher indicate that productivity is increased by 6.3% for all jobs. Other reseachers indicate music listening workers using computers were less productive then their counterparts who do not listen to music while working.

Is there a correct answer? Only you and your company can tell.

I usually have one ear phone in my ear (probably not very good for balance), but that way I am not blocking out communication.

My music? All sorts... Teena Marie, Gap Band, Michael Jackson, Elton John, Micheal Bubly, James Fortune, N'Sync, John Mayer, Pink, Marvin Sapp, Goo-Goo dolls, Stevie Wonder, Pink, JT, alot of oldies (Lakeside, Gap Band, Cameo) and a host of others...

Do you listen to music at work? If so, what genre or artist makes you more productive?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Gecko
Gecko
A
In my last career, I was on the phones a lot and typically had a radio with generic soft rock playing in the background. The volume had to be kept low so that the caller could not hear the music, obviously!
I found that classical music like Mozart and Vivaldi was extremely calming and it enabled me to recharge and focus.

My favorite? Forever and always I'd have to say -- Bruce Springsteen, THE BOSS, whose birthday it happens to be today.

Anna - AHHA
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Anna,

I get my love of vast music styles from my daughter. She opened my eyes (or ears) to a wide range of music when she was in highschool...LOL I'm sure I have a Bruce Springsteen song on my Ipod somewhere too. I hope he has a VERY happy B-day.

I remember, I don't even know if they had small devices back then, I had a co-worker who kept a radio on her desk (we all did), but when her favorite song came on...she'd turn it up and dance to it at her desk.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I used to listen to classical music stations on my radio. With the volume low enough so only I could hear it. It kept me relaxed so my mind could focus better. Being an accountant, I needed to music to reduce stress.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
A
Gecko
Gecko
A
Hey Diane! I like the idea of dancing at work!

And Phyllis I think there have been studies done about the effects of classical music on stress reduction.

"The Mozart Effect" -- listening to Mozart -- supposedly improves performance and has a positive correlation/benefit in a child's development.

Anna - AHHA
N
N
I would only do it if I would be paid to listen to music or it would play while I work.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.