Next Thread
Print Thread
#918369 02/24/17 12:38 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
The White House has blocked CNN, LA Times, NY Times from a briefing; Breitbart was allowed in. This is the Twilight Zone. Also, Trump is pressuring news organizations to publicly print the names of ALL sources - he says unnamed sources shouldn't be allowed. Because, you know, Nixon and "Deep Throat".

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/media/cnn-blocked-white-house-gaggle/index.html

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

He has also blocked the BBC, British Broadcasting Company, among others.

It is such a good job no one in his administration speaks German obviously, otherwise all of Germany's press corps would be banned too. The comments/opinions here give new meaning to "not positive".

And this is the person who said: "I love the First Amendment; nobody loves it better than me." And not so long ago either at CPAC.

Ah, well "So ist das Leben" as they say. smile

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Press briefings which the press is forbidden to attend.

Since I don't even know how to begin commenting on that, I'll just let it stand.

Mona Evans
For news, activities, pictures and more, sign up to the Astronomy Newsletter!

http://www.bellaonline.com/newsletter/astronomy
N
N
The media are all liars. You want the truth? Go on the internet and find it!

If I was the prime minister or a mayor or any other elect I will do my job then when something will be done just go in front of a camera live and tell everyone what happened and then go back to my job. Wasting time with the media or in any other way is inane.

I was born too late to see the media actually doing their job but once upon a time it was indeed what they were doing.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Sadly, as it was not the intention of Sir Tim Berners-Lee when he invented the World Wide Web in 1989, the internet has become the largest source of misinformation out there. And of course it is also the biggest center of mass media.

People will see what they want to see or interpret from news items...some of us will identify with an item, even be pleased, others horrified.

That is simply the way it is.

Having been in the media world for many years one way or another can agree that things have changed, but to believe all media is lies is mistaken. Most, not all, journalists try their best to be accurate, unfortunately the same cannot be said for some politicians and their ilk.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

N
N
If I do not see a proof along with any claim I do not believe it. Only when it is proven false or right I believe. I may of course form an opinion but will only keep it to myself until any proof comes along.

The media is not only lying it is also focusing on ridiculous things plus it destroys lives, careers and many more things and people.

Take Bush for example, the only time the media attacked him was when he drove without a seat belt on one of his private properties; that moron and the rest of his gang of terrorists are responsible for all these terrorist groups like ISIS and many more things but hey driving on a private property without a seat belt is way more evil than all that apparently.

Everybody is free game for them, they decide to attack you they won't let go and they will enjoy every moment of it. You are victim of a crime, victim of an accident, rich, famous, rich and famous, anything can make them decide they will attach themselves to you plus your family, friends, coworkers and even the people working where you shop are fair game. If you hide they hunt you down and if they cannot find you (like the few kids of the poor woman held captive in the basement by her dad who made kids with her that were able to go hide without anybody finding what they look like - theres a bounty on them for the first pictures but hey they deserve it since they decided to be the children of these 2 - thats how the media think and act).

The only people protected from the media are them and who they know.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.