Print Thread
#915509 11/09/16 04:57 PM
A
Angie Online Content OP
Chimpanzee
OP Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I'm glad the campaign is over. What an amazing election cycle.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Angie #915513 11/09/16 08:04 PM
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I am glad too, I am not an American but it still got me stressed and I could not start my night routine until it was official last night!

It was not amazing choices but the one who was the better choice won. Everything that will happen during these four years is going straight at the feet of the democrats who made sure she was the nominee because everyone with a brain knew she would never win. Bernie would of won by a landslide but they wanted absolutely a woman and could not wait until a woman who deserved that nomination was ready. Well they got their female nominee and they can keep patting themselves on the back while the entire planet has to deal with what these morons have done!

A
Angie Online Content OP
Chimpanzee
OP Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Nancy, I read "How to Over Throw the Government" by Arianna Huffington written in 2000. She discussed the PACs, polls, players, etc. It was like the playbook for this election. The players were all the same for 20 years and we would have had all the same players for another four. Well I guess the voters overthrew the government yesterday! It was very stressful.

Two things though, I said a prayer back in October asking for guidance on who to vote for and the October issue of the Readers Digest came. The cover featured three people and their quotes. Mae West was one of the faces and her quote was "when choosing between two evils, pick the one you haven't tried before." Then last night we were at an election party and another prayer was for Him to stuff the ballot box and I didn't specify which box. My friend said to let her know what His answer was and I told her we would find out in the morning! We did find out.

Angie #915518 11/10/16 12:30 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Over at last. Yesterday the birth anniversary of Carl Sagan was lost amid the relief and disbelief of the whole sorry saga. Perspective needed.

When Voyager 1 had passed the last planet of the Solar System Sagan persuaded NASA to turn it to take a family portrait before it continued its journey to the stars. Earth was a portion of a pixel which Sagan christened "the pale blue dot". Zen Pencils, a young graphic artist, has rendered part of Sagan's meditation on the Pale Blue Dot.

A
Angie Online Content OP
Chimpanzee
OP Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I guess it is not over. People are staging riots. Cheesh!

I remember Carl Sagan. His show brought space into your living room.

Angie #915527 11/10/16 04:12 PM
N
N
It is over. These special snowflakes thinks that when things do not go like they want to they can just whine and be violent to get their way, it worked before and now it is not working anymore and it is driving them crazier. Plus it is not just riots they are attacking people but this is how they act so it was not a shock when they started to do that but hey if we listen to the media it is just peaceful demonstrations so everything is beautiful except of course whatever the snowflakes are angry at.

A
Angie Online Content OP
Chimpanzee
OP Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
yes

Angie #916529 12/23/16 08:06 PM
A
Angie Online Content OP
Chimpanzee
OP Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
During and after such a wild election ride, there has been so little discourse in the political areas on Bella. Because it has been so divisive, is everyone hesitant to talk about this election? Unfortunately, the news relates such rude and crude stories about the lack of civility toward one another.

The other difficult topic is fake news. After awhile you just don't know what is true and what to believe.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.