Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#914956 10/17/16 01:08 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Pepsi says it'll cut sugar in its drinks ... by 2025. Why take 9 years??

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/17/news/pepsi-sugar-drinks-soda/index.html

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
They need to find the chemical formulas that will make them taste like they have the same amount of sugar.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

N
N
Oh no! I hope this is not true because it's my favorite drink! I know it is not healthy and it is my choice to drink it! There are drinks with less sugar and drinks with no sugar available so why messing with products like Pepsi (even if there would not be other options available it still would be wrong to mess with it)!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Nancy -

It seems like you believe Pepsi has had one and only one recipe since they began. That isn't true. They are constantly changing their recipe to add in more chemicals and to make it cheaper to produce. It is absolutely not the same recipe it was when it began.

If anything, this change might get the Pepsi owners to go back to the way it used to be, when it was healthier to drink.

Right now, a person drinking 2 glasses a day of modern soda, studies demonstrate, is destroying their body and on a fast track to diabetes. I for one would never want to deal with the two insulin shots a day many diabetics need to survive. I hate needles.

Low Carb Forum
N
N
Sodas are not supposed to be healthy. Everyone knows that and that includes me. If one day I learn I have diabetes I will live with it and only blame myself for what I drank and ate until that point (starting of course when i was old enough to make those choices - except for when dad went in moms back and gave us unhealthy food we were not given these types of food and drinks). Genetically modified foods and drinks we have no idea what those are because it is not written on packages, the rest is so for that we only have ourselves to blame.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
The question will then be if you expect others to pay for your needles and doctor's visits for your diabetes.

It is fine if your habits are all paid for by yourself. If you intend to pay 100% for your needles and doctor's visits and not ask anybody else to pay for your treatment in any way, then certainly, drink away. It is your own body, and if you don't mind self-injecting, then that is your choice.

Low Carb Forum
N
N
Since I am not obese or fat (i still have a little fat in my tummy but this too is my fault and that fat is not getting bigger and not going anywhere else BUT if those few extra pounds or and the time i took to get rid of it do give me a disease then that too will be my fault) the chances I get diabetes is lower than those people but if I do get it then yes it will be all my fault and you won't see me blame Pepsi or any other company or any other thing or any other person.

I live in Canada and we get free healthcare but sometimes some things are not covered so if I do get an illness and it is not paid with my health card then yes I will find a way to pay for it and if I cannot I will go without because again it will be my fault.

It is not the in thing to take responsibility for you actions and to accept the consequences to your actions but I am not alone, the last elections of your country proved it.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I think you might be confused with how healthcare works. Your healthcare is being paid by your taxes. So the question is whether your portion of your tax payment which goes to your healthcare covers the expenses you incur.

The average Canadian pays $11,735 in taxes toward public healthcare. The poorest pays $477 a year toward healthcare; the richest $59,666 a year.

So the question is how much you pay toward healthcare each year as part of your taxes. If you are on the poor end and paying $477 a year, that doesn't cover very much.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/true-cost-o...eport-1.2525114

Last edited by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames; 11/13/16 07:51 PM.

Low Carb Forum
N
N
I know that my healthcare does not come with money that grows on trees.

When I worked I was making about five hundred dollars a week (the jobs before was not with that high pay but still was paying a lot in taxes) and paying almost the same amount in taxes (saw how much 1 time and i almost fainted - its a shame all that money we get cut of our checks is not put where it should be - if it was it would go smoother that is for sure).

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I believe Canada's tax rates are 15% on the first $45,282 of taxable income -

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html

That means on $500 income you'd only pay $75 in taxes. 15% is a fairly tiny tax rate.

As far as what it pays for, there's a pie chart here -

https://www.fin.gc.ca/tax-impot/2014/html-eng.asp

only 11% goes to health care costs. So if you paid $75 a week in taxes, that means $8.25 a week was for health care costs. That comes out to only $429 a year, which is less than what many people pay each month for their health insurance.

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.