Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
Are you all ready for the winter, because it is coming as it does every year! For tips on staying warm, check out these tips on finding the perfect winter coat.

LaTeisha Clément
Women's Fashion
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I like that you recommend a wool coat. A couple of years I made myself a plaid wool blazer similar to another I had sewn as a teenager. This serves well from 35 to 50 degrees. I usually layer it with a turtle neck wool blend sweater. For freezing weather I have a 3/4 length down coat with an attached hood that keeps the back of my neck warm. It is a neutral brown color.
Here's a photo of my plaid jacket:

Here's an article about this jacket and its predecessor:
My plaid jackets
smile

Last edited by Susan - Meditation Editor; 09/26/16 02:08 AM.
L
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
Hi Susan,

I love the jacket! It looks vintage and something I would totally wear. I also read your article and how you made the coat. Awesome job. How long have you been sewing?

Sincerely,

LaTeisha Clement

LaTeisha Clément
Women's Fashion
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I am very excited about Winter being here soon. Last night we had our first snow fall but since it was also raining it melted when it hit the ground.

L
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
Oh man Nancy. I guess that was kind of bittersweet for you. Hopefully more snow comes for your sake. I'm sure it already has by now. Right?

LaTeisha Clément
Women's Fashion
N
N
Oh yes smile! A few days ago we had snow falling for almost an entire day and now we have more snow falling, all that snow is covering the ground completely cool!

L
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
You sound excited Nancy. That's good.

LaTeisha Clément
Women's Fashion
N
N
I should start walking again but I am too exhausted because of the stress, my energy is focused on trying to hold myself together to get out of the hell I am in but I know that if I start walking again that will calm me down and probably give me energy or at the least take me away from the stress and hell for the duration of the walks.

L
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
Yes, you are right. Stressing will get you nowhere if you do nothing about it. Go out for walks more often, as you said. I was listening to relaxing music just this morning, because I was going through a difficult situation myself. Walking in the fresh air calms you down.

I don't know if you've visited the Stress Management Editor's page. But, her articles have helped me out on several occasions.

Praying all goes well with you Nancy.

Last edited by LaTeisha - Women's Fashion Editor; 12/18/16 08:43 AM.

LaTeisha Clément
Women's Fashion
D
D
Have a look at Peacock handwarmers
They run on lighter petrol by catalyst process no smoke or flames
they look like hips flasks to light just take out of fabric pouch remove lid then catalyst cap put measure over opening fill to level you like turn measure so open so fuel measurement fills tank remove replace catalyst hold lighter to side of catalyst so don't burn platinum wool! once that's heated as it sets of a reaction replace top half of cover replace in pouch.
After a while nice and toasty 60deg's odd get 8hours plus of heat
they do a small medium and large ones larger is great to place round small of back keeps all warm then ive two mediums one in each pocket as great
Helps with Raynauds!
A good base layer is always a great start to keeping warm like those Helly Hanson ones runners wear have white stripes across sleeves! like stockings material traps air layer there's also some other great one's in micro material to wear from climbers or sailing

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.