Print Thread
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Spirituality is your self awareness, being connected with your inner, higher self. That little, quiet voice inside of you that guides you on your path. That intuition letting you know when something will be good or bad for you. It goes beyond just being your conscience. It becomes a life force when we feel we have a purpose, a place in the world, a union with the universe and/or the divine.

We need to attend to our spirit like we would tend a garden. It needs constant care which results in growth, learning, and the achievement of joy and peace. Being at peace deep inside gives an overall feeling of wellness that extends into the emotional, mental, and physical. What are the practices that have made a difference for you? How is your journey going? Do you feel stuck in an area you'd like to change?

Please share.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
It has been a challenging year for me with a few disappointments, job dissatisfaction, and the need to make long overdue changes to benefit my life. With only limited resources, my situation has become frustrating at times, even to the point of panic and anxiety. I have had some very trying moments.

This year I told myself that this is the time to stop putting off some important things, things that would improve the quality of my life and move me forward. To do this I have had to set aside a lot of down time for thinking and meditation. I have slowed down my schedule so that I could attend to my inner being. What I found is that I was coming up short in my faith. Faith in myself and faith in my Creator who is always there for me.

During down times I sit in quiet and pray, read spiritual books, or listen to positive and upbeat music. I have found that certain music can make you wistful and sad, and I have been trying to avoid that type so that I can stay in a positive mindset. I've spent quiet time in nature. I have tried to be kinder to others, more open and friendly. I have offered support to those in need.

Overall I feel I have made great progress this year and I have hope for my future. Every day is a new day when anything can happen. I have faith that the good things I wish for are just around the corner. But every day is also work, work to keep myself on an even keel and away from depression. My work is paying off, but it will always be something I do on a daily basis to keep myself healthy.

We can all learn from each other. What would you like to share with us?

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
What do you do to feel spiritually peaceful and grounded? What activities do you engage in that touch your inner passion and give your life meaning and purpose? Even if you have not done it yet, what would you like to do? Please share.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I go on the beach in front of the house (have not done it in weeks now - i hate summer because i cannot stand hot weather its not really hot here but its still summer time) or anywhere else in nature, watch the Dallas Stars, walk, listen to music, watch my favorite movies or shows and play games (online).

My spirituality has taken a huge hit the past years, for a while there it seemed that my soul was dead!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
You certainly have some relaxing activities, Nancy. I enjoy several of those myself. You know, it may seem that our souls are dead at times, especially when life gets challenging. We tend to neglect ourselves when the going is rough, when what we really need is to take better care of ourselves and find that time away from the world to just focus on our own peace. Continue to do what you are doing. You are on the right track.

Thank you for your post!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
N
N
Thank you Debbie smile!

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.