logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
Do you think it is significant that the main character's name is Phil like the groundhog? If you do, why?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
It has been a while since I have seen it (ironically i watched about a minute today while waiting for something - i did not hate it but its not a movie i feel the need to watch again) but I do not remember me thinking it when watching it. It probably is significant.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
This is one of my all time favorite movies Ireca smile

And I do think it's significant, though I never thought about why I think that. Now that you ask, I have a funny story to share....

When I was little, and heard that if the groundhog saw his shadow, we'd have six more weeks of winter, or if he didn't see his shadow, then we'd have spring in six weeks. Either way, spring is six weeks away HA HA!!

So my thought is that the groundhog (Phil) has either one perception or another, but it doesn't change the date that spring officially arrives.

Phil also has to go through a shift in perspective - and only through that shift can he finally move forward again.

So, that's my thought smile

How about you?

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

I
OP Offline
I
I have watched this movie so many times, and I've never thought about the significance until I watched it the other day.

I think there's a significance as well. It's almost as if he is the Groundhog or Groundhog day over his own life. When the Groundhog sees his shadow, everyone is stuck with six more weeks of winter. Phil, however, is stuck with much more. A shadow has been cast over his life, and he can't move forward until he changes his view.

Yes, I agree his perception...

Just a few of my thoughts. smile

Last edited by Ireca - Romance Movies; 06/27/16 04:23 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.