logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#401594 04/01/08 07:58 PM
S
OP Offline
S
do you pick the music you listen to at any given moment based on the mood you're in? or does the music you listen to influence your mood?

for example, i like latin and christian music to feel upbeat but in general i am more of a pop and contemporary kind of person

what about you?

Last edited by Karin-Latin Music Editor; 04/01/08 11:53 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Amoeba
Amoeba
K
I think both - I have quite a variety of different musical styles in my ipod, and I either listen to the music that fits my mood, or hit "shuffle" and allow the music to move me.

Latin music in general is very uplifting (and always makes me want to DANCE!), but even within Latin music there are a variety of emotions. Bachata can be very romantic and soothing, while salsa is very stimulating and upbeat. Maná has some tracks on his Revolución de Amor CD that have that longing feeling to them, almost spiritual, even though it is Latin rock. Reggaetón, being Latin urban music, is rebellious and strong.

But though Latin music is my favorite, I also listen to R&B, oldies, soul, pop, a little bit of rap or hip-hop, a dash of country once in a blue moon, and some classical and international music as well. There is a degree of nostalgia involved in each of these types of music. The Beatles and Garth Brooks remind me of specific times in my childhood, even though rock and country do not fit my personality as much as other types of music do. It is amazing to me how many different emotions music can express, and how many different types and styles of music there are to fit people of different backgrounds, personalities, tastes, and cultures.

Last edited by Karin-Latin Music Editor; 04/01/08 11:55 PM.

Karin Norgard
E
ERA Offline
E
I mostly listen to classic rock and some oldies, but I also like to listen to salsa or bachata sometimes and when I go out. I like listening to classic rock and other oldies that I listened to growing up, it is that feeling of nostalgia. It reminds me of a good time in my life. I sometimes like to listen to celtic music, it is very relaxing and peaceful.

ERA #402171 04/03/08 04:44 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I have a bunch of playlists set up in my iPod and iTunes which are done by mood, so depending on the mood I'm in I click on the playlist and enjoy it smile

I really like tango music!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
I listen to classic R&B it gets me moving, yet the only time i listen to music is if i had a few drinks ;o) or im walking on the treadmill. have to have music to walk to

Rosie L
"Rosie" #405445 04/10/08 09:08 PM
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That's interesting, when I exercise I want an actual movie to watch or something to read, I don't think I would "space out" enough just listening to music so that the time fled by. I need something more distracting smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
N
N
I often choose the music based on my mood. Also when I want to lose myself in my imagination there's music for that too. The rest of the time I listen to whatever. I do not listen on music based on the genre so I listen to what I like no matter the genre it is and it can be in any order so I can go from a Rammstein song to a Britney Spears song to a Eminem song to a Hans Zimmer song.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.