Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#907207 02/21/16 11:56 AM
Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
To those who may not know The Winter Soldier... Watch the Captain America movies and you will know and love this character as I have done so.

I'm preparing a costume for TWS (The Winter Soldier), a female version that is.

I just bought 2 rolls of metallic foil tape and a thick black tape to be used for the arm. I'm going to follow the instructions from this video I found on Youtube.

Credits to The Woodland Elf! I worship you for making TWS's arm using simple materials I can buy from the local hardware store.

-=-=-=-=-How to Make a Winter Soldier Arm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBU26CBwnEg -=-=-=-=

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
-=-=-=-=UPDATE=-=-=-=-

I just watched the video for making the arm for the second time and since I already bought the metallic silver tape needed for the arm, all I need to buy is some metallic red paint for the star and a can of silver spray paint for the arm to shine like metal.

Reaction: I'm so freaking excited to make TWS's arm and after watching the video--I found it quite easy but I know I will be singing a different tune when I'm making the arm.

\(*゚∀゚*)/

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
After watching the video (don't know how many times now XD), I found out that since I have my metallic silver tape I don't need to buy a can of silver paint anymore.

I can't wait to start making the arm but I guess I'll be making it next month.

GOOD NEWS: I have the black mask. It's simple yet elegant. \(・c_・●)ゞ

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
TUTORIAL || Winter Soldier [Marvel] Inspired Makeup Look // kazzified29

This tutorial is for the Winter Soldier make-up.

After watching the video, I found out that the make up used are quite easy to buy. I'm going to download the video so that I can watch all over again on my phone.

Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYRTf-JCYgI

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Good thing I had an eyeliner pencil at home to apply around my eyes. The effect was amazing and it really was not that itchy like I thought it would.

Ciao ╰(✧∇✧╰)

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I bought a black long-sleeved shirt and a balck vest that cost me about $5. I also cut the whole left arm and sewn it already.

I will make the arm tomorrow if I have nothing to do. Ciao!

٩| ര ‿ ര |╯٩| ര ‿ ര |╯٩| ര ‿ ര |╯٩| ര ‿ ര |╯٩| ര ‿ ര |╯

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Last night, I made the arm from wrist to elbow. Let me tell you, it's not that easy. I now sported some cuts on my fingers but after finishing it, it was worth it. I'm now making the arm from elbow to shoulder.

I think I need to spray paint it because it doesn't look very well as it is.

Until next time! Ciao ୧| ” •̀ ل͜ •́ ” |୨

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I so regret wasting my time and effort on the first arm. That's why I'm going to start again. Ugh. It's okay though, at least I got to try it for the first time. ⊙︿⊙

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I bought some tape and this time it's the right one.

After 4 hours....

FINISHED! I did it! The arm that I made is very beautiful. Its color is light gray so I still need to spray it with metallic silver paint. I'm going to do that anytime next week. For my first serius cosplay, it doesn't look that bad at all.

Oh! I also bought a gun and some knee pads to look the part. Still deciding if I need to spray paint the gun silver.

All in all, not a bad day. ^_____^

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark

After 4 hours....

FINISHED! I did it! The arm that I made is very beautiful. Its color is light gray so I still need to spray it with metallic silver paint. I'm going to do that anytime next week. For my first serius cosplay, it doesn't look that bad at all.

Oh! I also bought a gun and some knee pads to look the part. Still deciding if I need to spray paint the gun silver.

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark

After 4 hours....

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
-=-=UPDATE=-=-

Today, I have achieved more than I thought I would. To start things, I used the glue gun to paste the tape because it keeps on peeling. After that, I spray painted the whole arm and gun that I bought with silver metallic paint.

I let those cool for a moment and then I asked a relative of mine to roughly sketch the infamous red start on top of the shoulder. I then finalized the star by drawing on it with a red marker and then went out to find some red paint and brush.

After painting the red star, I let it hang outside to dry.

**The arm looks amazing and I forgot to tell you that I washed the black tops I'll be using.

All in all, I am feeling great.

Ù©(^á´—^)Û¶Ù©(^á´—^)Û¶Ù©(^á´—^)Û¶Ù©(^á´—^)Û¶Ù©(^á´—^)Û¶

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
-=-=UPDATE=-=-

Today, I have achieved more than I thought I would. To start things, I used the glue gun to paste the tape because it keeps on peeling. After that, I spray painted the whole arm and gun that I bought with silver metallic paint.

I let those cool for a moment and then I asked a relative of mine to roughly sketch the infamous red start on top of the shoulder. I then finalized the star by drawing on it with a red marker and then went out to find some red paint and brush.

After painting the red star, I let it hang outside to dry.

**The arm looks amazing and I forgot to tell you that I washed the black tops I'll be using.

All in all, I am feeling great.

Ù©(^á´—^)Û¶Ù©(^á´—^)Û¶Ù©(^á´—^)Û¶Ù©(^á´—^)Û¶Ù©(^á´—^)Û¶

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Should I or should I not make a mask? I'm so freaking conflicted right now about this that I need to calm down or I would be thinking about this until next week. Anyway, now that that arm is done and the vest and long-sleeved shirt is already washed...I have nothing else to do.

Ciao! Until later ٩(๑❛ʚ❛๑)۶

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I bought a black mask yesterday that only costed me 40 Pesos or $0.80. I washed it already and it looks great.

I also made a gun holster for my right thigh with some cardboard and duct tape. I painted it black and the outcome is badass.

-=-=-
I calculated for all that I have spent; that means the materials I used, the clothes I bought and the ticket. It amounts to $45 or close to 2100 Pesos. Not so bad on my second try cosplaying.

(♥ω♥ ) ~♪(♥ω♥ ) ~♪(♥ω♥ ) ~♪

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
TOTAL COST OF THE COSTUME: More or less $65...

I'm quite proud of the outcome of the costume, I'll be dry fitting it anytime next week. I hope that it will fit well enough for the event.

Ciao! 〆(´ω`●)ゞ

Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
It seems that my Winter Soldier Costume isn't going to be ready for the convention tomorrow. Bad news is that it's falling apart. .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.

I guess I'll be going as Stitch from Lilo and Stitch. Good thing I have my back-up costume.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brandi Ford - Costuming 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.