logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
T
I personally want to be comfortable. Wearing heels and things like that just isn't my style. If I can't have fun or enjoy myself then I don't see the point.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I totally get what you mean, uncomfortable shoes are yuck!

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Whenever I watch Fashion TV or similar programs on TV, I'd get enthusiastic about dressing to look attractive. But with the heat in Singapore, I can't even keep my face powder look natural - my face's T-Zone would appear more oily than the rest. And most times, I'm more comfortable in jeans and T-shirts. But honestly, I do get bored with this and want to be more in proper blouses, flattering skirts, etc.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Lynsaf,

I heard Singapore is beautiful. I just saw a week ago a show which had all those cool shopping places there. Many trends are suitable for the heat, I live in Egypt and the heat here is also strong.

You could try Boho inspired looks and cute sundresses with flip flops or gladiator sandals.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I am very much a comfort person. I work at home so I work in sweats and tshirts and am very happy that way. When I go out I have a set of about 10 different dresses from HolyClothing.com which are a variety of colors and lengths so I can choose the one that fits the temperature. They are loose and comfy but at the same time people complement me on how they look. So I guess those go into the comfortable and stylish (or at least pretty) category.

I've seen too many people get serious foot damage from heels, so I avoid those now. I wear them maybe once or twice a year, for weddings and such. But even then I try to wear flats if I can. There's one or two nice dresses I own that seem to need heels to drape properly so those are where I give in. But only if I know I'll be mostly sitting.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I go for comfort, and about twice a year, I go for style.

I feel best wearing my slacks and a t-shirt. We have t-shirts with the school logo, and I have five of those, one for each day of the week. I enjoy wearing running shoes or Croc type shoes. If I need dressy, I have a pair of flats that look like pumps, just with the flat heel. At my size, I don't want to take a chance with punching a hole in a floor with heels...even if I did want to wear them, which I don't!

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Gecko
Gecko
It's 7pm and I'm still inside in my gown...so you might say I'm a comfort dresser! HA

I rarely wear heels but have some basic black peep-toe wedges for times when nothing else will do.

BTW thanks for the mention of HolyClothing.com, Lisa. I visited the site and they have some lovely things there. The Vevina top is perfect. I wish I could find more short sleeved tops; everything seems to have either long sleeves, spaghetti straps or tank styling.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Lisa, how gorgeous! I love the website, it is so cute you wear dresses that much. I'm also obsessed with dresses now. I just bought this purple maxi dress by Peacocks. Now I just want to wear dresses all the time. I choose comfy heels from brands like Clarks and ECCO, and occasionally give in and buy a horribly uncomfortable yet stylish shoe.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Connie, pumps with flat heels are a great idea. I have a red pair that I can't live without.

N
N
You actually can have both which is what I do. Sometimes (often the past years) I will just go with being comfortable, I really do not care what people think of me so I wear what I want to wear. I draw lines though and one of them is that pajamas are for when I am in the house, I never have worn a pajama out (except for in my yard) and never will either.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.