logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#880836 10/23/14 03:38 PM
OP Offline
I am hoping this is a place where I can get some support, motivation, ideas, etc around body acceptance. I am 34 years old and I've been "in the process of losing weight" since I was maybe 12 - pretty much as long as I can remember. It's probably also relevant that I am single, I have always been single, and I have never had more than 2 dates with any one person. When I was little I was called "fat girl" and "chubby girl" by my father figure, supposedly as a term of endearment while he called my sister (who looked almost exactly like me) "skinny girl and "stick girl" (full disclosure, my relationship with him is and always has been extremely negative). I am about 5-6 and hovering between 192-198 at the moment. I think I look ok sometimes, in some things. My heaviest was around 240 and I was miserable. I am not miserable anymore, but I cannot seem to shake the idea that I would be happier if I was thinner. I want to try accepting myself as I am, I just literally don't know how to do that. I have these vague ideas like I should show love and kindness toward myself, but I have no concrete idea what that should entail, other than not saying the hateful things to myself. Does anyone have any thinghts about this? Things that have worked for them? Or is anyone in a similar place, wanting to accept yourself but not knowing how? Honestly right now it seems impossible that I could ever totally love myself at this size. I know there are women out there who can do it though. I really want to be one of them. I want to own this body, feel good in it, and feel sexy and beautiful.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Hello Rain_2014,

I understand what you're going through. I've had low self-esteem before and was like you, all sad and miserable but the first step to be happy is to accept the fact that you are curvy. I did that and am now happier with myself than before.

I hope this helps because trust me it worked out for me. laugh

------------
Styxx
DIY Enthusiast

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I am a BBW (big, beautiful, woman) and have to remind myself of that each day. It doesn't help to refer to stores as the "Fat Lady Store" when I go there to shop!. There is plenty of beautiful, colorful, stylish clothes out there - find your look.
Look around - not everyone is skinny - but you do notice those who don't care about the way they look.
Clean hair, clean skin, clothes you feel pretty in and a smile and you can do anything! Embrace your now, but work toward change if you want - but it won't necessarily make you any happier. That comes from within. Good luck.

Launa Stout
Kids Crafts/Books

Moderated by  Nicole - Large & Lovely 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.