Warning: This contain spoilers.

Excellent movie.
I always thought this was about Frankenstein but I realised into the movie it was not (this was not a let down for me by the way). I also was always drawn to that movie because of the hate that started before it came out, still to this day this movie is hated and I have no idea why especially now that I have finally seen it. The atmosphere brought me into this movie from the moment it started. It has a lot of suspense and drama too. I know the story of Jekyll And Hyde but I have never read any of the books (if there are more than 1) and I do not remember ever seeing a movie or show about that story. I find it fitting at the end when we can see the transformation. Mary scared me often with her being so nosy but looks like her nosiness set him free and perhaps even her (he seems to think so). I would of loved to see her punch her dad when that garbage showed up when the funeral was over but I know it is not who she is so I do not hold that against the movie.
The directing, sounds and costumes are excellent. The acting, cinematography, editing, sets, story and music are great. The special effects, script and makeup are good.