Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#906400 02/02/16 06:25 AM
Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I need to share this with all of you because I just can't take it anymore.

Hypocrites. I meet and know this kind of people everyday. From my family, to the friends I still know, to the strangers I briefly see. I know hypocrisy when I see it because I sometimes am a hypocrite. I admit that I do have my bad moments and I can't help it if I'm a hypocrite since I'm just a person who makes mistakes.

The one thing I hate being a hypocrite is that I say things that I usually just say right now. I don't know why but lying about my virtues or just pretending to be a better person, makes me feel good about myself.

Anyway, a relative of mine is being a hypocrite. If there is an outsider, s/he would act all good and respectful to them. Showering them with a saint-like behavior that I admit is convincing enough for not to let them notice that under the facade is an ugly, fake human monster.

I know what having a side that you hide for others not to see but this relative of mine, let's call him/her- C.H., is really getting on my nerves.

When in front of close relatives, s/he would give them all his/her best but when they leave, s/he would insult and degrade them. I effing hate it.

┗(`Д゚┗(`゚Д゚´)┛゚Д´)┛

***Got any relative that acts like a two-way mirror whenever there's people around? What do you think? Share your thoughts... and let me know below.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Styxx Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I try to be the better person but this has been going on way too long.

This relative of mine is such a pain in my butt. It must be the hot weather that must be the reason on why s/he keeps on going on and on about my faults when s/he doesn't see his/her self.

I don't expect a reply but I just want to let this out or I'll scream.
︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿ヽ(゜□゜ )ノ︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Why do you think it must be the weather that makes that person do that to you? If you did nothing to that person then there are no good reason that he or she is doing that!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I'm not sure that I would use the 'hypocrite' term in this situation. Society trains every single human being to act a certain way around other human beings. Think of the way a typical person would act with their own family, and then imagine that person meets someone they look up to as an incredibly powerful role model. Maybe a famous actress or a member of royalty. The way that same person would act in front of that person would be different. That isn't about being a hypocrite. It's about how we are trained by our society to behave.

Most of us are trained that we need to present a certain type of behavior in front of certain people. Usually we are trained to do that with a combination of rewards for doing it right and penalties when we do it wrong. Over time our behavior is honed just like any dog training exercise.

And, similarly, we are trained by different people to do different things. It could be we are rewarded for being quiet and obsequious with one group of people. And then we are rewarded for being snarky and gossipy with other groups of people. But really, if we weren't being rewarded, we would stop doing an action.

Imagine a person is gossipy in certain circumstances. Now imagine every time they started doing that, everyone in the room left. They would stop doing it. They would be trained out of it. The only reason the behavior continues is that people allow it to.

The environment we live in is of our own creation. We need to take ownership of that. There are thousands of books on the topic, on how to change an environment if you wish. If we wallow in a situation, we have to take responsibility for that.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  DebbieMandel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.