Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
...I know why I tend to sleep in on my weekends. One, because I really do enjoy sleeping lol... but because if I get up at 6:30 in the morning on my days off.. what am I going to do?! It's like Im wasting my days away by sleeping, because I don't know what to do. I don't have alot of hobbies etc. so what's the point in getting up at 6:30am when hubby is at work, and no one else I know is up that early unless they are at work?! Ugh... Im having a really hard time trying to make these positive changes in my life... why can't it be easier than this?! Getting really frustrated....

Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
Koala
Koala
H
Originally Posted By: lala21
I haven't been going to bed on time lately... but I also haven't been able to fall asleep very easily so I guess I stay up late hoping that the later I go to bed, the easier it wil be to fall asleep... And I still am not getting up any earlier than before I moved. Still only giving myself 10-15 minutes to get ready in the morning. I had so many goals and plans for after we moved, and the only one I've accoplished is the quitting smoking thing. Everything else hasn't changed. Healthier eating, exercise, sleeping better, going to bed/getting up at the same time everyday... it's got to change!

Tonight, bedtime is 10:30!

"the only one I've accoplished is the quitting smoking thing."

Laura, that is HUGE. HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if i could print the type for HUGE four inches tall in this post, i would!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give yourself a few more weeks of just holding on to being a non-smoker, and then pick something else to tackle.

It's hard to accomplish any goal when your sleep is cr*p. I know.

I think if you just nurture and accept yourself right now, and be pleased about all you have accomplished in your life (you have accomplished, SO MUCH!), ...i think it would put you in a better position for accomplishing whatever you choose to be next.

Sometimes when we are looking at our goals... we are only seeing the part of "the glass that is half empty." We're looking at what we want to accomplish, and have not, as yet reached... and sometimes because of looking at what we haven't done yet we start being quite unfairly hard on ourselves.

Any smoker who has tried to quit and not accomplished it yet, can tell you how HUGE it is to quit. Did i say, HUGE????... why YES, i DID!!!! laugh

It's HUGE laura. It has literally changed the course of your life dramatically in both financial and health terms... and it has even changed the courses of the lives of the people most close to you... your husband, and future children if you decide to have them. I don't think you see yet, the full impact of what an amazing thing you have done!!!!

I think the next weeks are needed to recharge your batteries, so to speak. smile To find things that you enjoy and that fill your spirit with hope and healthy self esteem. You are not meant to live the life of a racing dog, who always chases the fake rabbit around the track and never reaches it. It's GOT to be okay to be "a work in progress"... for there is not a person on the face of the earth who is not one. The Dalai Lama, for instance, writes quite candidly and beautifully about his own struggles for self improvement.

What are the things you enjoy, Laura? What things restore you, inspire you, and make you feel happy?

L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
I don't know what things I enjoy. There are things that I like to do from time to time like, drawing, reading, writing, painting, etc but those are just things I do when the mood strikes me. Im not a sporty person... never have been, if I were to play any sports it would be badminton, tennis, maybe basketball, frisbee lol... that's about it. Maybe golfing?! Um, I've tried doing some meditation stuff which was enjoyable. Unfortunately I spend alot of my time just sitting around on the computer, watching tv, or hanging out at friends places. I realized though, that most of my friends don't have any goals or dreams for the near future. They dont really have any regular hobbies, activities or interests. We are boring people! lol... So if the people Im around doing do anything either, then how can I expect to anything with them!? lol but to be honest, I can't seem to THINK of something that I might like doing. I don't know what kind of things there are to do.. that's sounds kind of weird, but really what can I take up as a regular hobby?! I dont know! Or where I can meet people like me to become friends with. If I dont have hobbies etc how can I meet new people?!

H
Koala
Koala
H
I think most people start the hobbies by just experimenting with things and then finding out what they enjoy. Many of my knitting students learned to knit for the first time with me, and they had no idea in the beginning they would get "hooked." And some of my students are taking other kinds of classes as well... watercolor painting or tole painting or beading. Usually if you go to any supply store for the hobbies you do have, you'll learn about workshops and classes nearby. I wouldn't analyze it, i'd just go with what looks interesting to you. If it's for you, you will soon learn that, and if it isn't, you will still have met a few people and tried a new thing.

Here is something though, you might want to give a try... it is a visualization technique...

When you are in a good mood, find a quiet spot and start imagining possibilities for your future. Don't try to predict... just play with ideas. Change them to explore different possibilities. For example, maybe in one of your dreams, you follow your education as far as you would like to go. You become an expert in a field of study... medicine... education... psychology... art. Go with whatever interests you, and go with a couple things you never before imagined, either... what would it be like to be Dr. Laura, pediatrician? smile Or how about Laura, owner and ceo of her own company? Or... Laura... a family woman who has taken up mountain climbing? smile Okay, now that you have explored possibilities and taken yourself beyond what you'd normally consider... think about what is most important to you in life. I know one thing you've mentioned is your great love for your husband. smile Obviously you want to keep him around for a while. What else is important to you? Raising a family? Helping others? Having a career? Getting ahead financially? Your health? Rescuing animals or any other cause? Okay, last part. Imagine you are 90 years old. (I've heard this called the Rocking Chair exercise, haha). You have your loved ones around you. It's a gathering. Who is there? Your husband, right? Who else is there? You are talking with someone young. They've asked you about your life. You are telling them what you did, and what you found to be important. What are you telling them? smile

L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Let's put it this way Holly...

I love people and animals. I love helping people and making them happy. I love planning surprises for people (surprise bday parties/spontaneous trips/elaborate dinners etc). I really enjoy having people over (entertaining). I love cooking, creating recipes, baking. I love playing with cats and dogs.

What I see in my future... I would be 100% satisfied with my life to just do some travelling, raise a family, and just spend my life helping people and nurturing my family. I don't really care for a big career. I plan on going back to school for a program that I want to do but that's all education wise.

I can't wait until the day Andrew and I start a family. This is what I look forward to all the time. The day we buy a house and decide to start a family. I've ALWAYS wanted to be that stay at home mom who takes care of everyone and makes sure that everyone is happy and healthy. To be honest, I believe that that's what I'm supposed to do... that is me. But I have to wait for life to take me there and all that is stil years away.. so in the mean time... ?!?

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
There are so many facets to the human body and it can take literally years to understand how to 'operate' it to suit YOU and the people around you. It is really important to figure out how to get the best from it, e.g:

* is your mind clearer as soon as you wake or after a few hours?

* do you feel ready to 'party' at 5pm or 11pm?

* do you work better on an empty stomach?

* do you feel too sleepy to concentrate straight after a meal?

* does background music help you get through activities faster?

* does all background noise have to be eliminated before you can think straight?

Once you know the answers to basic questions like this, you can begin to organise your day around your body's most efficient working.

My most productive hours are the two hours around sunset and the hour just before the birds start their morning chorus, so the exact time changes with the seasons of nature and not with the British clocks. The next step is interweaving your body clock with that of the people around you!

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
This often happens to me like often too eventhough I am very tired I don't want to go to bed.

Shark
Shark
I actually wake at almost noon because of the meds I'm taking. It would be nice to wake up early because I know people who do wake up early. A couple of years ago, I also woke up just to get school but now that I have no school to attend to, I find myself snoozing the sleep button on the phone.

I want to do things at about 7am but I seem to not get my body to wake up early. Any tips for me? :D It's would be welcome if anyone could suggest anything!

---------
Styxx 🐍

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By Styxx
...It would be nice to wake up early because I know people who do wake up early...I want to do things at about 7am but I seem to not get my body to wake up early. Any tips for me? laugh It's would be welcome if anyone could suggest anything! Styxx 🐍

Hi Styxx, a tip is to sleep with your curtains open as the human body needs natural light to wake up slowly. In essence, if your cells start to be stimulated around sunrise, the rest of your body should be awake an hour or so later. Joy

N
N
I could never do that because any light wakes me up and also stops me from falling asleep. Sound does not bother me unless I'm having insomnia or it is something very annoying (a nice example would be the high pitch screams of Maria Sharapova).

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.