logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
In 2014 I sold my mom's house, divided the money according to her will with my sister and her two girls.
Then I moved back to Oklahoma, a state I had moved away from in 1988 and had been thrilled to leave. <--- Mistake #1.
I got a house I loved, remodeled it and sold it. <----Mistake #2
I bought another house in Oklahoma. <--- Mistake #3
I'd been inspired by those flipping homes programs on tv. I'm a former real estate broker and thought I was so smart. I didn't figure in the emotional factor of living in a place where we had all lived with Mom in a large house and everyone was happy.
Several -- ok -- MANY times I've parked in the driveway and just stared at the house, thinking about former times and wishing. One time I approached the house on foot, got to the front door and had my hand on the doorknob when it suddenly opened and the woman that now owns the house actually invited me in!
I broke down in tears and told her it had been our family home and I had this stupid stupid fantasy that if I just went inside everything would go back to normal -- Mom would be there, so would my grandmother and of course my sister and her kids.
The owner was so kind. She told me I could come out there anytime I wanted or needed to. But the weird thing is, she has remodeled to the point that none of the rooms are the same -- not the size, shape, etc.
FAST FORWARD: 2016 ---- The house I bought, I want to sell and get the heck out of here. I have to admit that I really think I am dreaming about this in my sleep. I wake up feeling like I have been sobbing all night. And I have the kind of heartbroken feeling you have when you've been in a very deep relationship.
SO glad to get this all off my chest!!!!

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Wow Sheryl thanks for sharing. How powerful. It's amazing how we can get caught up in a train of thought of what we should do and how easy it can be to set our thoughts in a direction that may not be good for us.

How cool the new owner was open to let you into 'your' home. Life is so unpredictable at times though if we accept what is and move forward knowing that everything is as it should be it can be easier to accept what has happened and let it go.

Wishing you a happy new year and new choices in 2016

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Hi Sheryl! Hope 2016 has got off to a good start and you're feeling positive about the year ahead smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.