Print Thread
C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Our thoughts are constant. and we are mostly unaware of them. We become oblivious to how they are affecting us. There is a culture of blame at large that says we should think positively and good things will happen to us, however I feel that can be damaging if experiencing mental health challenges.

Here is a link to my new article How Do Your Thoughts Affect You

Last edited by Tracy - Mental Health; 12/07/15 09:01 AM.

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences of how you've felt your thoughts have directly affected you either positively or negatively.

This is a great place to share and explore your mental health challenges so you can all support each other through difficulties. Other peoples experiences can help bring new perspectives and hope to another who may be struggling with debilitating symptoms

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
This past week I've had the flu and was feeling really sorry for myself. I noticed how I spoke to well wishers who called me or popped round with supplies - I noticed the tone, the 'down' feeling and the resistance to allowing the process to run its course. I know I made the experience worse for myself because of my thoughts around having the flu

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Good Morning Tracy smile

I loved the article, and I wholeheartedly believe that our thoughts affect us!! I think that often people think it's just the thoughts they notice that affect them, but there are thousands of thoughts that we think without noticing them - they are automatic.

Like I have an aunt who is a very negative person. She's spent years believing in the worst in people, so it's pretty automatic for her now. And that ends up being her experience. Even if I witness her experience, and see a nice person try to interact with her - she'll still see them as "bad" LOL. Crazy, right?

I am so sorry to hear you had the flu - and hope you are feeling better now!

Oh and ya, I used to be part of that culture that blamed bad circumstances on negative thinking. It was when I first got into holistic healing. I really believe though, now, that it's not so much about the hand we've been dealt, but more about how we choose to handle it.

One way I feel my thoughts have affected me (negatively) is that for a long time I believed I was not enough - I had to learn "one more thing" before I could do what I believed was my calling. Read one more book, take one more class, or workshop, sign up for one more program. My internal (automatic) thinking kept repeating the same ol' thing - you are not enough.

Thank goodness I finally recognized it - and started reprogramming that very unhelpful belief with new thoughts.

Wow! Thanks for giving me a lot to think about this morning smile

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
It's amazing how we never feel good enough and the results that it brings. Once we can think 'free' and not get caught up in the fear of not being liked etc we start to question everything. It always amazes me how easy it is to control others by planting a thought in their mind...

Rather than trying to create anything I give thanks that I am always provided for, for the love and abundance in my life, and that everything always works out. It keeps me in a 'high' vibration rather than thinking I want this or that which keeps me in a vibration of lack.

I love how life is always bringing opportunities for growth - even when it feels painful. I've learnt that resisting the perceived painful things we block our flow. Knowing that the duality of life can only be experienced by knowing both sides

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.